Law 28: Enter Action with Boldness

It is better to attempt something with boldness or not at all. Hesitation and doubt will impact your success.

Below are the psychological effects of acting with boldness vs timidity. 

The Bolder the Lie the Better. It's so crazy, it must be true. Lions Circle the Hesitant Prey. Weakness brings out aggression in others. Boldness Strikes Fear; Fear Creates Authority. Bold moves make an impression and keep people in suspense about your next move. Going Halfway with Half a Heart Digs the Deeper Grave. If you attempt something without total confidence, you will grow confused and create obstacles for yourself.Hesitation Creates Gaps, Boldness Obliterates Them. Timidity creates space for awkward energy, whereas boldness leaves no space for doubt. Audacity Separates You from the Herd. Boldness gets you noticed.

Application -

Right away I think of Lady Whistledown from the TV series Bridgerton. She sends out an anonymous publication so bold as to criticize powerful aristocrats, which gains instant notoriety. Her words become influential to even the Queen, and everyone is in anticipation of the next edition.

Boldness Over Baldness -

I was taking a smoke break on the balcony when the slider opened behind me. I could hear the roar of the party briefly, as someone stepped out. B smoothly struck up a conversation next to me. As he spoke, he reached for my hand and gently took the cigarette from between my fingers, and then boldly took a drag while looking me right in the eyes. Throughout the night, I became enamored with his personality and completely forgot that he wasn't someone I would normally find attractive.

Our relationship started long distance and ended up with me moving hundreds of miles, and us getting a dog together. My friends and family, sometimes not so subtly, pointed out our mismatched levels of attractiveness. But I didn't care; B was the most confident person I had ever met, which was deeply attractive. He told me he developed a bolder personality when he started losing his hair at the age of eighteen. Instead of letting it shatter him, going bald became the catalyst for his unshakeable confidence.

We lasted almost 2 years. In the end, we broke up because he wanted to move to the midwest and have a family in the suburbs, but I was still figuring out my life and knew I had to be in the city to do it. That and I never laughed at his jokes. It did not deter B from pursuing a career as a standup comedian though, so good for him. I am a true believer that boldness can be what opens the door, and can even sustain it for years.