4: Petekey Is Ruining My Life I'm Sorry

Thirteen year old Mikey Way kept his head down, and tried his best not to look at the group of kids pointing at him and laughing; he'd become unfortunately accustomed to this kind of behaviour since he'd rejected that girl, and everything had changed in a way that Mikey could never really quite understand.

He didn't even want to hate them, he just wanted everyone and everything to be happy, he just wanted the world to get along and everyone to smile, but Mikey had lost all hope of that the very day Gee had come out and their parents had reacted so badly, which was something Mikey never saw himself fully understanding.

Part of him reckoned that he didn't even want to, but he didn't get particularly long to ponder upon that before their teacher walked into the classroom, and the group of kids fell into a silence, besides the odd snicker and glance as they made their ways back to their seats.

Mikey didn't look up as the teacher, Miss Jackson, led took a seat at the front of the classroom; she was late as usual, and she'd often argue that she had a meeting, but no one could quite figure out just why she had a meeting every morning that lasted for at least twenty minutes that none of the other teachers attended.

"Now, I expect you all to be nice to our new student, who's just moved here from Chicago, and I expect you all to make him welcome, because you know, new school, new state, new world, hey?" No one laughed, and Miss Jackson looked extremely personally offended. "So his name is Pete, and he's going to introduce himself."

As she turned to Pete, the class laughed a little in response to the rather wide eyed look of horror upon the thirteen year old's face, "uhh... I... I... I'm Pete? I... can I just... sit down?"

"Fine," Miss Jackson looked a little disgruntled, but shrugged it off, turning back to her laptop to do god knows what, "sit down where ever there's an empty seat."

And at that point, the whole damn classroom, the whole damn world, expected Pete to sit next to the kid with the stupid fringe and the even stupider jokes on the second row, or perhaps the girl who was friends with the girl who Mikey had rejected, if he was feeling particularly ballsy, but even despite the calls and gesturing from his newfound classmates, thirteen year old Pete Wentz noticed the boy with his head down on the back row.

Because back in Chicago, Pete was that kid, and there was no escaping that, because although this was a new start, Pete wasn't a new person, and with that, he walked to the back of the room and almost gave thirteen year old Mikey Way a heart attack as he sat down beside him.

And perhaps even the rest of the classroom, because in their minds, this was not supposed to happen.

"Hey," Pete smiled, watching as the kid looked up at him: all wide eyed, confused, and somewhat intimidated, even half expecting this to be somewhat of a bad practical joke, "I'm Pete Wentz. What's your name?"

"M-Mikey Way." He stuttered out, glancing around the room, to find not the giggles and whispers he'd expected, but faces of shock and confusion akin to his own.

"Nice Anthrax shirt, Mikey Way." Pete smiled, deciding that then and there, he and Mikey would be friends, because Mikey was definitely the coolest person he'd ever met.

"T-thanks... it was my... sister's, but... she doesn't wear it anymore." Mikey explained, blushing furiously as Pete continued to converse with him like nothing was astray.

"Why not? Does she not like them anymore?" Pete looked something like entirely disheartened by that fact.

Mikey shook his head with a small smile. "No, she doesn't wear these kinds of clothes anymore. She still likes them, although she's going through this slightly concerning Taylor Swift phase-"