Preamble

My name is Damian Bellum. I was born on the 20th of April. My favorite color is lime green and I have a dog named Mister who's actually a girl. My favorite book is A Portrait of Dorian Gray and I like listening to music and philosophy.

I am a human.

I have a family. I have friends and enemies and grades and teachers. Keep that in mind. Always keep that in mind. People will call humans who do things that are unthinkable in this society "animals," and yet the most monstrous of creatures is the human, because we can use logic to get to what we want and sometimes our power to plan and outwit are stronger than our morals and then we turn into so-called 'monsters.'

But if we share everything with those so-called monsters except our morals, are we really in a place fit to call them different and evil? You say you'll never do that same thing as them but do you really know that? How do you know that no situation will bring you to that very brink? When all thoughts are gone and there's only a choice of who, not if?

I am a human.

They all were.

We all just have a different series of events. Different articles of our life, if you will. As each country has its laws, each being has its own laws of life written on it, sketched and sloppily scratched out and set in flesh more delicate than the thinnest papyrus, written in blood and signed in scars. You don't have to agree with everyone's self government. But sometimes, when certain people disagree, it leads to war.

My name is Jun Bellum. I am human. Because only a human has the ability to do these things. Because flesh and blood is needed to sign this fate.