Chapter 43: Ghosting

Hot, heavy, hungry, and heated waves rolled over my body from my toes to my fingertips and set me ablaze.

I was so aroused that it hurt. It hurt like nothing I have ever felt. No pain could compare to this, this was torture in it's finest form.

I was hot and needy and emotional and pained; my nipples hurt so bad that I would have loved to claw them off, the slightest touch only made the heat flare up and stimulate me to the point of tears.

The heat.

Derek had carried me home as fast as he could. Immediately he locked all the doors and had Evie strip me down then put me in the bathtub that they filled with ice and Epsom salt. While I was trying to ride through the waves of heat, Derek barricaded all the doors while Evan had our patrols switched out.

Bernard was mildly helpful. He walked around and found some herbs that grew out naturally in the wild for me. He gave them to Derek then told him that he and Lyanna would be working on the 'poofing' issue.

I called Andrea. I was crying in the tub with a glass of wine that didn't help. She felt horrible and offered to come, but I could send her into heat and her pack needed her too. That and, well, with Jaxon gone I wouldn't subject Andrea to this torture as well–she would def have my ass for that.

Evie tried to get me to work on things, things like finding 'The Snake', but eventually the waves of the heat got so bad that I couldn't focus on anything but riding through it. My beast and I groaned, this was not as amazing as the other females had made it sound.

This was hell.

Dagny and Ragna had stopped by and offered to stay. According to Evie, who 'hated that blue haired creature,' Bernard argued with them before he allowed them to stay. Dagny had apparently helped him pick more herbs that were supposed to help–they didn't help.

Evie tucked me into bed that first night and surround my body with bags of ice. I was fine at first. Uncomfortable? Very, but it was nothing that I couldn't handle. My beast and I kept reminding each other how much worse the shift was, and that gave us some relief.

Eventually though as I clawed out at our bond I started to crack. I cracked as another wave hit me in the middle of the night, drawing a liquid that had already been oozing out of me all day from my throbbing core and down my thighs. A sob escaped my mouth, followed by another, then another as a wave rolled over me–the heat like firy fingers on my back.

Ethan. I needed Ethan. I missed Ethan.

I tried to link him but there was nothing. Absolutely nothing. More sobs escaped my lips as the tears fell, they fell as my tired body somehow cried itself into a heated sleep.

A sleep that was soon awoken; soon awoken as another wave of tingles rushed over me.

It was late, late in the night and I was laying on my stomach. Something was behind me, someone was behind me.

I felt it again. The delicious fire that spread as a hardness ground up against my ass. My back involuntarily arched into a firm chest with a scent that I recognized.

"Ethan?"

"Did you miss me, sunshine?" he murmured against my shoulder as he ground himself against my ass again.

His teeth bit on my shoulder playfully drawing a whimper from my lips as the heat flared up. "Oh my God, Ethan? You're home!"

"Mmm?" he murmured against my skin. "Did you miss me, baby?"

His fingers found their way to my front, one hand moved to my breast and tugged teasingly at my nipple and the other rubbed at my swollen clit that had been the most painful thing on my body all day.

The Rise-Book IIजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें