⋙ Chapter Fourteen

Every second is a highlight
When we touch don't ever let me go

Domino ~ Jessie J

Troye

With a yawn I rubbed my eyes as I finally awoke. The faint light of dawn streamed through the window opposite. For a moment I was alarmed by the unfamiliar world around me. Then I saw blue curls of hair. Events from the night before replayed in my head, and I relaxed once more.

A purple fog hung around our bodies - everything beyond it was obscured. I gazed at Tyler, who was still sleeping serenely. One of his hands lay on my hip, keeping me warm, whilst the other was beside his head. I traced the outline of his phoenix tattoo. It still made little sense to me why he’d mark himself so obviously, but then again it seemed right being there. Without his glasses on, he looked so innocent, so delicate. All I wanted to do was kiss him. It dawned on me that I could, seeing as we were more than 'just friends'. I kissed his eyelids, unable to help myself.At my touch his eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning," I said, my voice surprisingly low.

"Morning babe," he said drowsily. He stretched out, resulting in his hand being placed higher up my chest. He froze. He glanced at my body and instantly he shot up. "We didn't do anything, did we?"

I snorted at the suggestion. rising up onto my elbows. "Believe me, you'd feel it if we had."

He swatted my chest, holding in a laugh by biting his lip. I didn’t allow myself to dwell how seductive he looked right then, since he began to rise out of the bed. "I need to put on a shirt."

I grabbed ahold of his arm, successfully preventing him from moving. "Why?"

He gestured down at his chest, not meeting my eyes. I frowned, not understanding his meaning. What was wrong with his chest? Then the thoughts clicked into place: he was self conscious. Perhaps someone, long ago, had made him feel uncomfortable of his body.

"Tyler, you've got nothing to be ashamed of. You've got one hot bod." He giggled quietly, tension still in his shoulders. I sat up and held onto both of his arms. “Ty, your perfect.”

I peppered kisses over his shoulder, wanting to calm him. He let out a quiet moan and turned round to face me. The blue orbs disappeared as dark lust intensified.

In seconds I was pushed down onto the bed.  He placed his hands on either sides of my head. He swung a leg over me, straddling me. My arms snaked around him, pulling him closer. The smoke grew denser as his face drew closer to mine. He captured my lips in his, tugging on my lower lip. I opened my mouth, breathing him in. Our tongues met, and danced in a sleepy haze. We moved slowly, in sync. My hands wandered over his back. His skin was smooth and muscular. All I wanted to do was explore every inch of him. Desire began to build in my lower stomach.

All too soon we were interrupted by the sound of his alarm clock. He pulled away reluctantly, sitting on his knees and part of my stomach.

"Well, that was steamy," I breathed, nodding towards the smoke around us.

With a light laugh he leant across to his bedside table and put the alarm on snooze. Then he lay on top of me, resting his head on my chest. I ran my fingers through his soft blue locks, continuing when he hummed approval. He lay listening to my heart that was hammering against my chest. His arms wound around me and he breathed contently. Everything was peaceful. The desire in my stomach had settled, and I was impossibly happy to simply lie with him.

I wished I could spend an eternity in his arms. Alas I couldn't.

When the alarm rang out again, Tyler finally got out of bed, and I let him. "We better get ready for school."