𝐄 𝐏 𝐈 𝐋 𝐎 𝐆 𝐔 𝐄

"My soul just wants to be closer
to yours..."

G U L descended the stairs, lost in her thoughts when she heard laughters

G U L descended the stairs, lost in her thoughts when she heard laughters. She turned to the source of voice, it was Zain, Rubab and Azaan laughing at something. They were comfortable sitting in the launch, and looked like a family. Gul just stood there and observed them keenly.

Maybe Ahmed was right.

Her eyes trailed on Azaan, he was a cute boy with chubby cheeks that she adored. He had a milky white skin and green eyes with red cheeks, just like her. He looked like a cute pathan ka bacha. She saddened at the thought of such a cute baby living without a fatherly figure in his life. And she could see the spark in Azaan's eyes when he was with Zain and vice versa.

Zain was the role model Azaan could look up to now. Wouldn't she want Azaan to become like her son? Fearless, brave, caring with a kind heart. And how could she not notice the radiance on Zain's face when he is with Rubab? He was smiling, a true smile.

She felt selfish for her act.

She was acting immature, and moulding herself the way society was telling her to be. She was better than this, she was raised better than this. Was the society critics more important than her own son's happiness? It wasn't Rubab's fault that her husband died, and then her father also left her, living her alone in this cruel world. She only had Azaan and now, even Zain with her.

Did she not deserve a family like everyone?

And Gul decided that she will put her ego aside. She will apologize, it's not the age that matters. There is no such rules that elders can't be wrong or apologize. Every human makes mistake, and realising your mistake and saying sorry won't make you inferior to them. Parents can be wrong too. Elders can be wrong too.

She inhaled and made herself noticeable in front of them. Yumna, Fatima with their husbands along with Ahmed, Zain, Rubab, well everyone was present there. She suddenly lost her courage. But she managed to be strong.

As everyone noticed her, Rubab and Zain visibly tensed. They were dreading what she was going to do or say. Rubab wasn't that strong to bear mental torture. Words can wound hearts, deeper than we think. She looked at Zain who grabbed her hand to support her. Gul forwarded her arms to pick up Azaan who cowered in his mother's arm.

"Aww, Azaan beta you won't come in your dado's arms?" She said in a baby voice and everyone looked shocked at her words. But Gul acted as if nothing happened.

"Go, Zaan." Zain cooed at him and Azaan went in her arms. She picked him up and kissed his cheek before ruffling his hair.

"My baby is so cute, your cheeks I want to bite them." She bit lightly his cheeks to not hurt him and Azaan giggled loudly. His laughter music to her ears. How could she hate such a pure soul? "Bilkul pathan ka bacha lagta hai, so red like a tomato."