Antonio

I haven't been able to get ahold of my boys since they left the estate. It's unlike them not to answer. Not even Roman, who's literally always on his phone, responded.

I begin to worry. I know that no matter the situation they'll come out of it alright. Even my youngest is stronger than many grown mafia men. But still, as a parent, I worry for my children's safety no matter how old and how well trained they are.

I'm waiting inside my jet. I've been waiting. I own the plane and can afford to buy the entire airport, but I still prefer not to be late to dinner. My wife is not a patient woman.

I hear the sounds of cars pulling up and my sons rush into the plane.

"Why the fuck didn't you answer my calls? Your mother is livid."

"We had something more important to do," Roman says under his breath. But I heard it.

"And what might that be, Roman?" I say with an arched brow. His eyes grow wide.

Alessandro walks forward and reveals what's covered in his jacket, a little girl.

"The vans were decoys and while we were looking for the driver who escaped, I found her unconscious in the snow."

"Is she a Russian?"

"I don't think so. She doesn't have the mark and Alexei and Dmitri don't have any other siblings. You know what that family does with their kids. She'd be dead if she has their blood."

"And you know they don't allow kids on the grounds." Damien adds. For an unknown reason the Ivanov brothers didn't want any kids in the house when they came here.

"Give her to me." I say, Alessandro hesitates but hands her over.

She's cold as ice. Bruises and cuts cover her arms and legs. I walk over to the couch and carefully lie her down. I gently lift her shirt and I hear sharp intakes of air behind me. Her stomach looks like a fucking rainbow of different colored bruises. Her back isn't much better.

Who hurt this girl?

I've wanted a little girl for so long. Don't get me wrong, I love my sons, but having a daughter is just different.

I look around and my sons are clearly dreaming about torturing the hell out of whoever did this. I see pure anger and hate in their eyes, but sadness lies in there too.

"Are there any reports of missing children?" I ask.

"No. But we assume she ran from an abusive household." Roman replies.

"Find anything you can on her. I want names on my desk as soon as possible. I'll force custody out of their hands if I have to."

"Does this mean we're keeping her?"

"She's not a dog, Damien," Domenico says.

"I'll talk with your mother when we get back. But for now, I can only hope that she will open her eyes." I pick her up again and sit down with her securely in my arms, her head falls into the small of my neck soon after.

It was smart to bring her here. Who knew if the Russians had men in the closest hospital or not? It's way too risky to go there.

"Attention passengers. This is your captain speaking. We are clear for takeoff. Remain in your seats until we are at cruising altitude. The ETA for New York City is a bit over two hours due to snowfall and possible turbulence."

We all take our seats and I hold the girl tighter to my chest as we begin to speed down the runway.

You're on your way home princess.
No one will ever hurt you again.

Later...

My sons and I are on our way up to our penthouse.
"Boys, your mother is-" then the elevator door opens...

"ANTONIO LOMBARDI!" oh crap. My beautiful wife, the one and only, Bianca Lombardi, comes around the corner with powerful strides. "Where in the name of god-" I push the girl into her arms. She can't hurt me if she's holding her, hehehehe

My wife grows silent. She looks lovingly at the child in her arms. I can already tell that she's going to love her.

"Who's this little cutie?" She asks, not taking her eyes off her.

"That my love, is... I actually don't know."

"Ma, we were chasing decoys down a remote road through a forest. While searching for the remaining driver, I came across her. She was buried in the snow and she hasn't woken up yet." Alessandro explains.

"And her parents?"

"Unknown. We've concluded that she comes from an abusive family which explains the state of her body."

"I want those assholes in my basement, now."

"We all do my love. But for now, why don't we clean her up and eat?" She nods.

"Boys, dinner's on the table, cold, but on the table. Your father and I will be right back." My wife and I walk towards our bedroom.

I start filling our tub with water, making sure it's the perfect temperature. I hear Bianca gasp and I turn my head quickly. I see her holding the girl and her eyes are glassy. The old shirt she wore is on the ground at her feet.

I think I'm going to burn that.

"Who would do such a thing to a child? Oh, the poor baby." She says with a shaky voice.

"I know, I know. We'll find them I promise. But she's safe now and she has the chance for a better future." She nods her head in understanding, I think she'll start to cry if she says anymore.

As Bianca gently washes her off with the warm water, color is slowly starting to return to her skin and her breathing seems to become more normal now that she's not absolutely freezing. Now that all the dirt and blood are washed away, I can really see what she looks like. The dirt and grime concealed the beautiful color of her long, golden hair that I just know my wife will love to braid and play with.
Hell, I'll even learn to braid too. She also has an adorable button nose and chubby cheeks.

My wife takes her out of the bath and gently dries her off. I get one of Bianca's shirts from her closet and she puts it on the girl.

It looks like a long dress on her small body.

We walk to the dining room and see our sons waiting for us. Their plates are now steaming and two more are in front of empty chairs for us.

Bianca sits with our baby on her lap.

"I'm very thankful that you were able to save this child's life today. Not only will she have a chance to live the life that she deserves, but she has gained a family. You have a new sister."

After a dinner full of smiles, laughter, and ideas being shared of what to do with our little girl. This child will be spoiled, I can tell you that much for sure.

After everyone has retired for the night, I lie down next to my daughter. That feels so strange, but also right to say already. I have a daughter. My girl sleeps peacefully between me and my wife. And I hope in the morning, I'll be able to meet her.