one

═══ CHAPTER ONE :: THE DIMPLED ALL-ROUNDER

Dominic Toretto paused for a moment, taking the computer chip from his pocket — the one he had gotten from Hernan Reyes' car.

Looking at Brian O'Connor, who was still trying to figure out how the elder's brain was working, Dominic held the chip between his fingers, examining it.

"Here's how we're going to do it. We're going to use this," Dom stated. "Just one last job, and we're going to take all of Reyes' money. Every dime and disappear forever." He sighed in content, setting the chip in front of them.

"New passports, new lives with no more looking over our shoulder," Brian agreed, nodding along as he held his beer. "And we're just going to buy our freedom."

"That's right."

"You know we're talking about going against the most powerful guy in Rio?"

Dom considered the younger's words, "yes, we are," he responded.

Brian smiled, already brewing a plan in his head. He wasn't sure about the outcome, but he was confident his addition to the team wouldn't be a liability.

In fact, maybe bringing in his junior would be the best bet they have at carrying out this mission.

Except for that, this junior of his worked for the Diplomatic Security Service (DSS) — but Brian wasn't planning on revealing it just yet.

"We're going to need a team."

|><><><><><|

"We are gonna need someone with connections. Someone who ain't afraid to throw down; someone to back up every position. An all-rounder."

In the abandoned automobile plant, Dom and the others gathered, smiling to themselves upon seeing them already getting into a heated argument — not sure who started first, but enjoying the show.

The taller male grinned, looking at his friends from the side. "I see you all have met," he announced, greeting everyone with hugs and handshakes. "We are missing one, yes?" He turned to meet Brian's gaze, raising his brow as he wordlessly questioned the last addition's delay.

"Fashionably late, as you know," Brian responded, chuckling as Dom smiled. "Ah, man. This is gonna be fun." His eyes wandered towards the entrance, waiting for the youngest member's arrival.

On cue, the rumbling of a motorcycle was heard entering the building — and everyone's attention was on the woman who parked near the small congregation, already captivated by her aura.

The female pulled her helmet off, her brown hair falling around her face. She gave her signature dimpled smile as the Torettos and Brian looked at her. 

The blue-eyed male was the first to react, standing next to the female as he greeted her with a hug before introducing her to everyone.

"Guys, this is Julia Kim. She's a bit much to handle at times, but trust me, she's resourceful," he stated, getting a playful nudge from her. "Jack of all trades. And even a master at them all."

Tej cleared his throat, reaching his hand out for a handshake. "Tej Parker," he greeted. "Nice to meet you." He smiled as they shook hands.

"Julia Kim, it's a pleasure." She grinned. "You have really nice eyes, Mr Parker."

"Oh, uh, thank–"

"Man, I don't know about his eyes..." Tego jumped into the conversation. "... but you, mi carina, have some real pretty ones."

"Thank you." Julia responded with a playful wink as she looked at him. "Would you like your kids to have them?"

Dominic and Brian exchanged knowing smiles, amused upon seeing the stunned expressions on the men in the room. Mia shook her head, shrugging nonchalantly.

"Yeah, she's unhinged. Perfect for the job, right?" She stated, looking around the room. "Don't worry, boys. You'll get used to it."

As everyone caught up a little before getting down to planning, Han Lue stood on the sidelines, doing what he does best; observing.

But rather than coming up with an information booklet of everyone that'd put profilers to shame, Han found himself staring at Julia — maybe a little more than he'd like to admit.