Taiyaki

"Sung Jin Woo is in the hospital." Yuki was out the bed and his feet on the ground before Yujin could even finish. Unfortunately, one of the side effects of sleeping for a week is that your muscles are weak and joints are stiff. If it weren't for Go Gun Hee catching him before he fell his knees would have been bruised.

"Yuki-a!" Yujin rushed over, clipboard forgotten and hands reaching out to help his baby cousin that was clutching onto Go Gun Hee's arm. Blue met frantic red, and Yujin had to take a deep breath to calm his own nerves, "It's just exhaustion. He's not hurt, he's not dying, he's just sleeping."

His breath came back to him, and following that was coughing. A series of coughs that rattled his ribs and made his chest ache. But hey! No blood!

"Yuki-a." Go Gun Hee's stern voice was one that held little room for argument, and Yuki knew what they were asking of him. He knew that what they were asking for was reasonable.

Patience. They are asking for patience. Yuki has been patient his whole life. He's lived knowing that his time is borrowed, therefore he did not want to rush it. Patience and Yuki are the best of friends and have been together their entire life.

Yuki did not want to be patient right now.

"How did he end up in the hospital?" Yujin made a face, "Exhaustion, Yuki-a. That's it." Yuki scrunched his nose, "I get that. But what made him exhausted?!" 'Was it a dungeon? Wait... the Double Dungeon!' The cold gaze from Yujin had a heat building in Yuki's chest. He could see his older cousin purse his lips and contemplate the next thing he says.

He seemed to give up, "It is literally just exhaustion, Yuki-a. He's probably been working himself too hard." Yujin is withholding something and Yuki knows it. Yujin knows that Yuki knows it. But, what can he do? Patient confidentiality and Yuki wasn't about to throw his S Rank status in Yujin's face to get what he wants.

Yuki's not even sure if he could call himself a Hunter. The word tasted sour on his tongue and seared his mind. Similar to a brand that will follow him everywhere. No matter how hard he scrubs in the bathtub, or even if he gets a tattoo to cover it up, it will forever be there. Reminding him of his new position in society and within the Hunter Community.

Yuki's hands tightened around the sleeve of Go Gun Hee's suit, and he nodded. Biting his lips and scrunching his nose as he did so. Yujin, seeming to take pity on his baby cousin, mumbled, "I can show you his room though. It's not far from this one." With the help of Go Gun Hee, he put on the hospital-issued slippers and slowly walked to the room next door. He gave Yujin a blank look and the doctor shrugged, "I said it wasn't far."

'Plus, I have a feeling that if Sung Jin Woo wakes up and you're not close by, this hospital is disappearing.'

Yuki opened the door and sighed in relief at the sight of a sleeping Jin Woo. No wires or machines, just a man simply sleeping.

"Yuki-oppa!" Then there is Jin Ah and Kyung He. The older woman looked as distraught as her daughter but also relieved at the sight of Yuki up and walking. Jin Ah was crying into his chest, her arms wrapped around him and Kyung He stood on his other side. Yuki was too focused on consoling Jin Ah he missed the nod and smile the woman gave Go Gun Hee, a fond smile on both their faces as they watched Yuki try to calm down a frantic Jin Ah.

Large brown eyes looked up at him, tears still streaming down her face and snot leaving her nose. Yuki smiled, "Jin Ah, I'm so happy you're okay." Cue more crying.

It took a solid 10 minutes for Jin Ah to let go of him, and another 10 for her sniffles to go away. Kyung He raised her eyebrow at her daughter and then hugged Yuki, happy he was awake and okay. It would have been the perfect reunion if only someone was awake.