Macaroons

Yuki made sure to keep himself busy during the week. At least, physically. Mentally, he was everywhere. This was where the timelines started. This was when everything went to shit, and Yuki couldn't do anything about it. He wanted to protect his best friend and the family that raised him. That's it. He had enough funds saved to help if anything unforeseen happens, however from how everything is playing out, it really seems like this will be the last time that Jinwoo will go to the hospital if the timeline stays true.

"Yuki- oppa," Jin Ah called for the man that was in some ways her second older brother. The albino male snapped his head towards her, red eyes large and waiting in case she needed more emotional support.

"Jinah, is everything okay? Did you need help with your homework?" Jin Ah shook her head. Instead, she sat down next to him at the kitchen table. Yuki refused to let her stay in the apartment alone, so instead, she was staying with him until Jin Woo was okay to leave. It wasn't the first time she's stayed over, but it was the first time she let something like this affect her so much.

"Why does he keep doing this?" She whimpered. Her large eyes narrowed in misery and her shoulders caved in. Yuki bit his lip and encircled an arm of her shoulders. It hurt to watch the person, who he considered his little sister, cry and break down in a way that made Yuki feel like he couldn't put her back together. Back when Yuki was a she, she couldn't relate to having a younger sister because she was the youngest. It was different watching an older sibling cry, compared to a younger sibling.

For some reason, Yuki felt responsible.

"It'll be okay,Jin Ah. You know how that idiot is, he'll bounce back." Jin Ah gave a wet giggle, and Yuki sighed in relief. He couldn't tell her the reason was that it was to pay for her education and the medical bills, that would make her even more distraught.

"In the meantime, how about I cook us some fried chicken." Yuki laughed when Jin Ah nodded enthusiastically, her eyes still red from the tears and her smile wobbly, but as long as she was smiling. Then there was the patter of feet that alerted the two of them of the incoming company.

"How about you get some fresh air, and take Cujo on a walk please." Cujo, the 9-year-old st. Bernard rested his large head on Jin Ah's lap, his tail wagging and tongue lolling out. Yuki also had a 2-year-old cat named Pip, who was currently sprawled out on the couch. Jin Ah nodded excitedly, rushing to grab the harness and leash. St. Bernards weren't common in the big city, so whenever they went walking, everyone wanted pictures and children wanted to touch. It wasn't terrible, and Cujo was a patient dog that didn't mind pets.

When Jin Ah returned with the matching red harness and leash, Cujo proceeded to slump on the floor, making the girl laugh. Yuki walked towards the kitchen, tying the baby blue apron around his waist. It was a gift from Jin Ah when she took Home Economics. They had to make an article of clothing, and Jin Ah decided to make an apron for the always cooking Yuki. She even stitched her name, her brother's name, and Yuki's on the edge of the clothing article.

When he peered back over his shoulder, he couldn't help but chuckle. Jin Ah was baiting the elderly dog with treats. Jin Ah managed to put the harness and leash on, but Cujo remained slumped on the floor, gazing at Jin Ah with a 'really' look.

"C'mon Cujo, it'll only be like a 20-minute walk~" Jin Ah cooed. Cujo huffed, his shoulders sagging and his body seemed to meld with the floor.

"Please~ I'll start crying again if we don't go on a walk," Jin Ah tried again. Cujo's eyebrows raised in worry, eyes shifting between the cooing Jin Ah and the busy Yuki. With another sigh, the large dog heaved himself up and trudged over to the girl. Jin Ah cheered and tossed him a treat.