7

No bakwaas. Seedha chapter par.

Recap:

Is it because of her..?

I wanted to ask Hussain about it but the front door opened revealing Shehryaar.

He looked at me and I looked away not having the courage to meet his eyes.

Looking at him stabbing me more as his words kept replaying in my head

Keep the divorce papers ready......

Zahra's POV:-
.

It's been a week since I'm avoiding Shehryaar. Although he's been quite good lately but it hurted me seeing him.

Bas apne shohar se mohabbat aur pyaar ki umeed ki thi maine.Sirf yehi chaha tha ki wo mere toote hue dil ko jod de. Par qismat ka kaisa khel hai ye....Jisse bhi pyaar kiya mujhe uski sirf saza mili.

"Zahra...beta" I was shook out of my thoughts. I looked to my side and Ammi placed a hand on my shoulder with a frown spread across her head.

"Zahra,are you alright?" She asked and I smiled. "Jee Ammi, I'm fine"

All of us were sitting in the drawing room watching a movie. I felt someone's gaze on me and found Shehryaar looking at me.

I gulped and got off the couch suddenly. All of them looked at me and I walked towards the kitchen "I'll make some popcorn for everyone to eat."

As I was walking to the kitchen the door bell rang. "I'll get it" I said and opened the door.

A man stood there with a folder in his hands. "Yes?" I asked and he looked at me.

"Mr.Yunus sent these papers for Mr.Shehryaar Asif" he said as he brought forward the folder.

"Ok I'll give it to him" I said and took the folder. Smiling he went away and I closed the door.

Curious of what it could be I opened the folder and there they were.

The divorce papers.

I quickly closed the folder and laughed at my fate.

"Zahra.....who was there?" I turned around and found Shehryaar at the doorway. Without saying a word I just handed him the folder and went to the kitchen.

"Zahra what's wrong with you?" He again asked as he stepped in the kitchen and I could feel his gaze on me

Everything is wrong Shehryaar everything.

However I chose not to answer. Afraid of breaking down in front of him.

I took out a bowl to pour the popcorn when a harsh jerk made me turn to him.

Shehryaar grabbed my arms tightly and I looked at him as tears were now forming in my eyes.

"Why the hell are you ignoring me?" He whisper yelled as Ammi and Abbu were sitting in the drawing room.

The furiosity in eyes scared me and a tear finally fell of my eye. I looked down and whispered "Does it matter to you?"

His grip on my arms tightened and I winced in pain. "Shehryaar......you are hurting me" I said in a shaky voice and his facial features softened.

Realizing that he left my arms and before he could say anything I took the bowl of popcorn and went out of the kitchen leaving him there.

I gave the bowl to Hussain who seemed fully lost in the movie and made my way towards the room when Ammi halted me.

"Zahra beta kya hua?" She asked as she came in front of me and cupped my cheek lovingly.

It was a gesture I never got in my life.

A mother's love and care.....

I shook my head and replied "Kuch nai ammi, aap fikar na kare. Bas sar mei halka sa dard hai "

She looked at me worried and placed her hand unknowingly on my arm where Shehryaar gripped and I shut my eyes tight to suppress the pain.

"Beta kya hua? Haath mei dard ho raha? Dikhao?" She said worried and I smiled despite the pain shooting through me.

She lifted the dupatta slightly from my arm and her widened seeing the mark.

"Beta ye kaise hua?" She asked me and just then Shehryaar appeared in the door frame.

"Wo Ammi bas lag gayi chot" I lied.

Shehryaar looked at me and I looked back. Seeing me looking past her ammi frowned at turned around finding Shehryaar.

She then turned towards me and smiled. "Shehry takes care of you na?" She asked and I just wanted to break down and empty myself.

"Jee..Mere har dard ko ye mita dete hai" I said looking at him and he looked away. Probably understanding what I meant.

Ammi smiled and caressed my cheek "Allah tum dono ko aise hi ek saath khush rakhe"

I smiled and bent a little as she kissed my forehead. I shut my eyes and allowed the tears to flow as I experienced the motherly love.

She pulled back and patted my cheek. I smiled and again made my way upstairs to the room.

I opened the door and Shehryaar was already pacing around. I closed the door lightly and moved to the washroom when again he halted me by grabbing my wrist.

He stood in front me and I looked down.

"Tumhara har dard mita deta hu mai ya har dard ki wajah hu mai?" He said and i looked at him at once.

"Bolo....Kyun jhoot kaha tumne Ammi se? Kyun nahi kaha ki maine hi tumhe ye dard aur takleef di hai?"

"Maybe you don't care but I do. I care for 'my family' " I said.

He looked at me for a second then sighed whispering "You are making it difficult for me"

I just looked at him when he raised his hand and slightly touched at the mark that his fingers left.

I bit my lip hard and he looked at me. "I'm sorry" he said.

Only if a sorry could mend everything between us

"Can I ask you something?" I said uncertain about his reaction to it.

He nodded urging me to speak.

"Who is Sara?" The words left my lips and his head snapped towards me.

I saw his jaw clenching and his hands forming a fist. I was mentally scared that maybe I shouldn't have asked this.

"It must not concern you" he said through gritted teeth.

"It does and I have every right to know it as I am your wife" I said putting emphasis on the word wife.

At least for the time being........

Don't kill me please.

And as you all know that I have decided to deactivate my account depending on the feedback I get.

What do you think happens next?

SEE YOU SOON

~SHABISTAAH

Dil e naadan #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें