14

Since I'll not be able to update during these exam days, here is a short one. I'm not fully satisfied with this as all I had was physics and chemistry in my mind.

Shehryaar's POV :-

Looking at my side I saw Zahra sleeping with a slight frown on her forehead.The following night I kept wondering about those messages.

Who could that person be who knows about Zahra's life? During the night Zahra kept on murmuring something in her sleep. I couldn't quite comprehend it but I am sure I heard my name.

Sighing I glanced at the clock and decided to head down as Mom. Maha and Dad were going to New York today.

Going downstairs I saw Mom and Dad standing at the doorway while Maha was with Hussain. I went upto Maha and saw her teary eyes.

She turned to me with her glassy eyes and I felt mine getting moist too.

I looked at Hussain and saw his eyes glassy as well. "Hey, princess what happened?" I asked her as i crouched down to her level. She wrapped her little arms around my neck and I held her close to me.

"Bhai, I'm gonna miss you" she said sniffling and I pulled back a little.

"I'll miss you too moti, but you'll be back soon right" I said as I wiped her tears. "But I want to stay here with you and Sain and Bhabhi" She said and I smiled.

"Then who'll take care of Mama and Baba there.I'll babysit Sain here so I can't come with you" I said and she giggled while Hussain made a face.

I kissed her forehead and got up "No crying now okay and take care of Mama and Baba" I said and she nodded.

I turned to Mama and she smiled. I went upto her and engulfed her in a hug. Pulling back she cupped my cheek lovingly. "Beta take care of yourself and Zahra hmm we'll be back soon" She said and I nodded.

I hugged dad and Hussain went to drop them at the airport while I stayed back as Zahra was alone at home.

"Chal shehry aaj nashta tujhe hi banana padega" I said to myself and headed to the kitchen.

I engrossed myself in making the breakfast meanwhile Hussain came back from the airport. He entered the kitchen and grinned at me while I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly it struck me and I told Hussain everything Zahra filled me with. "That's strange...I mean how can someone know all this?" He said and I sighed. "Yeah that's what I have been thinking" I said running a hand through my hair.

"We'll see into this...first let me have breakfast I'm soo thaki and bhooki" Hussain whined and I threw a spoon towards him as I served the breakfast in the platter.

"Tu kab bhooka nai hota bey" I fired back and headed upstairs with the tray.

Opening the door I went inside and kept the tray on the table. I then moved towards Zahra and slightly shook her. "Zahra..Zahra.." I said softly but she just changed her side. I again shook her "Zahra...wake up".

She squished her eyes a little and sat up straight. "Ammi sone de thodi der please" she said and again dropped back on the pillow snuggling closer to herself.

I looked around for a way to wake her and saw the jug of water.

I picked it unsure of what might be the result and threw the water at Zahra. "Ammi!Ammi!Ammi baad aagai baad aagai" she started screaming as she directly stood up. I stifled a laugh and she looked at me for once.

She kept gazing at my face and I bit my inner cheek to stop from breaking into guffaws. She narrowed her eyes as she looked closely and then widened her eyes as her gaze landed on the jug.