Chapter 10

I had been rolling pretty hard. It was approaching three in the morning quickly, and I wanted to go to sleep with all my sadness and sleep until It went away or until I died. The second option seemed more plausible.

    I checked the time and it was 2:42 am. I was about to pick up Leeloo and bring her in my room so I could sleep, until I heard the doorbell ring. Who the hell is ringing my doorbell at almost 3 am?

    I lugged my feet off the ground with every unwilling step towards the stairway, and after what seemed like an eternity I arrived with my hand on the doorknob, with the power to see who had arrived at my flat at such an unreasonable hour.

    I slowly opened the door, in just my boxers, and peeked my eyes out. I was trying to decipher who it was before I opened it fully, just in case they decided to shoot me or something.

    "Hello?" I said in a murmur, hoping they weren't a murderer. Or anyone from my job. Or the police. These were all my current worries.

    "Dan? Its me." I knew it was Phil. Immediately. No doubt about it; the person was Phil. The only person scarier at the moment than a hybrid of a murderer, someone from my job, and a police officer.

    I opened the door more, and leaned my head on the doorway as I tried to stay conscious. "What are you doing here," I mumbled, fluttering my eyelids a few times.

    He looked at my barely-clothed body up and down before he spoke. "Are you okay?"

"No, I'm rolling." I answered honestly, there was no point in hiding the current truth; even though I was coming down from my high at this point.

    "You're rolling...?"

"On ecstasy."

    "O-Oh. I... I just wanted to talk about what happened earlier."

"Yeah, sorry mate. Didn't really know what words were coming out of my mouth. I'm not gay, I didn't mean it in that way. Sorry, but I don't--"

    Before I could finish my sentence he had opened the door and pressed his lips against my forehead. "I don't care what you meant, Dan." 

    I was taken aback. I didn't know how to respond; I opened my mouth but my vocal box was not working in my favor. I also knew that my after-high depression was setting in, so I was about to break-down like a teenage girl watching the Notebook.

    "What are you doing?" I finally mumbled, and pushed him away from me a little before I accepted it, pulled him inside, closed the door, and we sat at the bottom of the staircase.

    "I was thinking about it," He started, as we sat next to each other on the second step, "I was thinking about it; and you; for hours. From the moment you made me leave to the second I rung the doorbell, I have been thinking about what you said. I know it might be a bold move that I just... kissed you on the forehead, but I felt like it." I was staring directly in his eyes as he spoke, not responding and barely breathing. "I have never had feelings for a guy, I have always thought of myself as straight... I didn't have any feelings towards you at first. I know it's only been a short time of us knowing each other, but you can go from strangers to a lot more in five or so days, and we have. And pretty much, well, I know I have at least some feeling towards you that isn't just like a friend or best friend. I'm not sure what that means, I've been really confused since you fell asleep on my shoulder during us watching The Roast of Justin Bieber." He chuckled quietly. "Our relationship as best friends is really important to me and even if we both admitted to having romantic feelings towards each other, I don't think it would be logical to jump into anything that could potentially ruin our friendship; especially because we haven't known each other for very long." I looked down at my lap. "Except at the same time I think that we should just do what feels right and not worry about it, because if things are supposed to work out, they will. That's just how life works. But... when you said that you were in love with me, I- I was really shocked, but at the same time I wasn't going to say anything bad back. I probably just would've said what I'm saying now a couple hours ago. Maybe I wouldn't though, because after you kicked me out--"