Prologue

Terror that's all you felt as you ran from the horde of angry villagers that chased after you. Turning your head to look over your shoulder you saw that some were carrying chains and shackles while others wielded any object that could inflict pain to your small body. 'Why! Why do they have me so mean? I didn't do anything wrong!' You thought as you took a sharp turn down an allyway, running right into an awaiting villager. "I caught the freak of nature! Hurry up and chain her before she tries to get away!" He yelled as he throwing you down to the ground and proceeded to kick you, keeping you from running away, coughing as you couldn't take in a breath. You tried fighting back as you were being both chained and abused by the villagers around you. "There that atta keep her from getting away!" A man yelled after shackling your hands behind your back and connecting it to the metal collar around your neck. "Look at that thing! It's a hideous cross of beast and man!" A woman yelled covering her mouth and pointing at you. Shrinking back at her words "I didn't ask to be born like this! I didn't ask to look like a cat!" You cried out as tears began to fall from your (E/C) cat like eyes. Watching the villagers jump back, they began to whisper and murmur to one another. "It speaks like one of us!" A man spoke hiding his wife behind him. "It's the devil's spawn! Here to drag us all to hell!" A woman screamed throwing a rock at you. "We should kill it before it eats our children!" Another man yelled pulling out a pistol and aiming for your head. Ears flatten against your head you shut your eyes in fright as you heard him cocking his gun. "No! We must put in a cage! So we can teach our children of the vile demons that threaten our way of life!" The village leader yelled holding up their religions book, and harshly stepped on your stomach. Coughing and watching as the mob of people either nodded or verbally agreed to what their leader had said, you watch helplessly as the rowdy group disbanded to prepare what was needed. Feeling the pressure on you stomach increase "Listen hear you vile creature, I know not what pit of hell you emerged from but know this! These people are those destined for God's divine paradise! We won't let such a filthy creature such as you tarnish what we have worked for!" The leader yelled grabbing your face with his index finger and thumb, to glare at you. Letting out a small whimper at the pain you moved your head quick enough to sink your teeth into his pointer finger. Hearing him scream in pain, and getting a thick irony taste in your mouth you let go just as quickly. Hearing their leaders scream some of the villager men ran to his aid. "Pasture! Whats the matter? Has the hellspawn done something to you?!" One yelled as the other kicked you away. Nearly puking from the force, you coughed and choked on the bile sitting in the back of your throat. Glaring at the men before you, you tried to get to your knees to make a run for it. "Oh no you don't you like creatine!" A villager said grabbing the back of your shackles and holding you up in the air so you'd be choked by the collar. Kicking your feet as your tail flicked crazily at the sudden lost of oxygen you heard a woman yell from a far saying that the cage was ready. Watching as you struggled to breath for a minute the man holding you by your chains smiled "This is for hurting our prophet, you disgusting creature." He said before making his way to cage, throwing you full force at the back of the cage. You gasped falling to its floor as you turned to the man that threw you. As you were about to lunge at him your shackles were pulled from behind making you smack the back of your head on the bars. Hearing the clicking of locks and the rustling of a chain behind you, your arms were freed from their chains but the collar at your neck had been connected to a longer one chain bolted to the floor. As soon as they let go of you, you sprang to the middle of the cage to see the whole village had gathered around your cage with looks of horror, disgust, and anger. Hearing them talk and whisper hateful things about you to each other, you fell to your knees feeling the hot tears burn your eyes, shutting them tightly you covered your cat like ears from there mean and hatful words. As the hours slowly rolled by the villagers began to move on, back to their daily lives ignoring your crys and hiccups. Hugging your knees as you tail wrapped around you, you looking over your small cage finding that it was incredibly bare except for two bowls for food and water, both being empty. Letting a sob leave you again you buried your head into your arms 'Please someone, anyone save me!' You thought as large heavy storm clouds began to rumble and roll in over the hatful island.