34: Crazy In Love

Bzzz, Bzzz", my phone buzzed me awake, as I chucked the infamous object across the room. I shut my eyes hoping to get a couple of more minutes of soundless sleep, but that darn thing kept buzzing and then I realized just how stupid I truly was. I had to walk to turn it off, throwing across the room did nothing, how come in movies it always worked.

I stretched out my sore legs and walked to the tv stand, which had my phone landing on it perfectly, and to my surprise, it wasn't cracked or broken, lucky me.

My side scarred me as I felt the scar that had now replaced the blood that seeped out of my new hole.

I walked up the stairs with ease, as I held on for dear life by the banister, I was perfectly okay. I made my way to the bedroom I hadn't slept in last night and I hugged his pillow, my sense of security.

I opened up the closet as I found the least revealing outfit, I could find, it was a dress that had sleeves and I could put on some tights, to go with the confusing weather in Seattle.

My hair was a mess and so was I reeked of vomit , which none of it I had consumed, but I couldn't let people think that. I hopped into the shower, as I checked the time I would get there on time, considering my alarm woke me up 2 hours before I actually have to be at work, but with traffic and my ways of forgetting things I stuck on the safe side.

After my shower of covering up my fresh wounds with towels, I blow-dried my hair as the curls lusciously bounced, I put on my outfit and grabbed my keys, laptop. I had twenty minutes to get to the office, meaning I had all the time in my life and I knew as soon as I got behind the wheel I needed some coffee, and I'm guessing Caroline could use some too.

I went by this shop I had seen multiple times passing the office. I pulled into the drive-thru, and I ordered two caramel macchiatos with two raspberry scones.

He handed me the treats and I handed him my card as he scuffed. He obviously thought I was some women, who married rich and who didn't work.

"This your husband's", he hesitated as he teased me with the card and I grabbed it back. I drove off as I would remind myself next time to use cash instead of using black cards at coffee shops.

I parked in a parking spot as I juggled the coffees and the scones, I stepped into the elevator as a man rushed in the last minute, with the elevator almost closing on his slender body.

"Close one", he wiped his forehead as if to be whimsical and I laughed a bit as I couldn't pass up on a comedy skit.

"I don't think I've seen you around here", he mimicked the famous line people used, but it was true I hadn't been around here long enough to be seen.

"I've been here, but not long", I added as he pressed the floor that I was going too.

"That must be true, I would've never forgotten a pretty face like yours", he said as it made me blush and I turned away.

"I'm married", I whispered as he heard it and backed away as I held out my hand that held a large stone on the center.

"Who's the lucky man", he asked as he dug his sleeves into his pocket as he grinned back at me as the elevator rung.

"You wouldn't know him", I added as I stepped out of the elevator and he followed.

"Natalie, we have to talk", she pulled me along to the side as the man standing behind me stood there in the middle of all this mayhem wondering who he was.

"Okay, uh here coffee and a scone, tell me while we're walking", she grabbed a stack of papers after she had set down her coffee and scone leaving the poor man confused out of his mind.