Feel Alive [babexcharlie] Part 13

.Tuesday.

 The love I have for you is the death of me.

Babe: "Charlie, you slept so much today; it's almost 3 PM. Why so much sleep these days? Is something wrong? Are you feeling down or what?"

Charlie: "I can't get up, Babe. I don't know why, but I feel really weak."

Babe: "I made something to eat. Do you want it?"

Babe feeds Charlie. After that, Babe is about to leave when suddenly Charlie holds Babe back, saying that he wants to sleep on his chest.

Babe, without any hesitation, agrees, sets the food down, and makes Charlie scoot over. As Charlie puts his head on Babe's chest, caressing his head over Babe's chest, he asks a question.

Charlie: "Why did you choose me but not the world?"

Babe: "What type of question is that? But actually, it's simple because I LOVE YOU. Isn't that enough?"

Charlie: "Is it?"

Babe: "Actually, 'I love you' is also enough." Babe laughs.

Charlie: "I have never felt this warm anywhere. What will you do without me, Babe, if I was not here?"

Babe: "Charlie, what do you mean? We're always here for each other. I'm right beside you, and I promise, I'd never let you slip away. I've told you before, and I'll say it again: I'll always find you before you even have a chance to feel lost. People often live their lives like robots, numb to their feelings, blinded to love's true depth. We've forgotten how to cherish love, to revel in its essence. Don't you see? Even though I know your feelings may not match mine, even though you may not love me in the same way, I took a chance because I had to. And now, as you rest here, finding solace in my embrace, it's not destiny, fate, or a miracle. It's simply what love has done to us."

Charlie: How can you be so certain of something so uncertain?"

Babe: "Because, Charlie, when you find something worth fighting for, worth holding onto, you just know. And you, my dear, are worth every moment of uncertainty, every leap of faith, every beat of my heart."

As they slept peacefully, wrapped in each other's embrace, the world outside seemed to fade away, leaving only the warmth of their shared affection. When morning came, Babe stirred first, gently disentangling himself from Charlie's embrace. With a tender smile, he watched Charlie sleep for a moment before quietly getting up to start cleaning the house.

As Babe bustled about, tidying up and humming a soft tune, Charlie eventually stirred awake. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he wandered into the living room, where he found Babe diligently at work.

Seeing Babe immersed in cleaning, a spontaneous burst of laughter escaped Charlie's lips. Babe turned to him, puzzled but amused by the sound.

"Why are you laughing like that?" Babe asked, curiosity dancing in his eyes.

Charlie pointed to Babe's cheek and nose, where a smudge of black dust had transferred from his cleaning efforts. Babe attempted to wipe it away, but only succeeded in smearing it further.

Chuckling, Charlie stepped closer, reaching out to help Babe clean the smudge. Their hands met, fingers interlocking in a gentle embrace as they shared a tender moment. In that instant, their eyes locked, and time seemed to stand still.

Their eyes met, and in that gaze, they found a depth of connection that transcended the ordinary.

Babe, softly: "Charlie..."

Charlie, his voice barely a whisper: "Babe..."

Their hearts danced to a silent rhythm, beating in synchrony with the unspoken promise of love and devotion that flowed between them.