Chapter 5: Warning

|Everyone's true colors shows eventually|

Alaïa's pov:

Before going to the library, i made my way to the washroom. The hallway was empty now and it was more silent. I did my business and was going to open the door when two voices made me stop.

"Yeah it was a bad fight." One girl said.

"I don't believe these two boys fight over Cynthia. I mean what does they see in her?" The other girl said.

"I don't fucking know. Cynthia just used them to get Xander's attention but we all know he isn't interested in her." One of the girl said.

"Yeah and to top it she asked one player to ruin the ball Xander usually play with so that she can nurse him later."

What the hell!!

"She did that? When?" The other one asked.

"I don't know before lunch i think. The team practises around one o'clock so it would be good for her plan to work." One girl said.

"Oh shoot we need to leave. We are really late for class."

When everything was finally silent, i came out of the toilet and wash my hands.

What the hell were they talking about? How can Cynthia want to hurt Xander if she likes him. Shouldn't she care for him?

I walked out of the washroom and walked to the library.

Should i ask Grayson to tell Xander what i've heard about?

I wanted to do it but what if they were just talking about some rumours they heard and everything was good? Cynthia might not be that bad toward Xander and those girls might just be spreading their own rumours.

While i was passing by the lockers, i noticed someone. The locker door was open so i couldn't see his face. He shut the door closed and my eyes widened.

It is him...

Should i tell him? It was weird that i found him coincidently here.

He was looking at his phone and started to walk out.

Xander's pov:

After having lunch at the library, i walked to my locker and put my stuffs in. When i was doing so, the whole corridor was empty.

My phone vibrates and i closed the locker. I took out my phone and saw that it was Jason.

No fights tonight-J

I replied with an ok and made my way to the field. I still have some practise to do. The more i do, the more i gained. This practise also helped me during my night fights so i kept practising.

"Xander!"

A voice made me stop and i turned around to see a girl standing in the hallway. It was the same girl who saw me drawing. What's her name? Alana.. Alaïa? Yeah Alaïa.

She walked toward me and stop a few feets away from me.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I wanted to thank you about yesterday." She said and i nodded.

"It's ok." I said and turned around to walk but she stopped me again by grabbing my arm. I looked at her hand on my arm and she removed it. She was literally the second girl that didn't hesitate to grab me. . The first girl that was able to do that was Claudia.Usually all the others are too shy and flirt more with me.

"Sorry... i don't know how to tell that simce i'm not really sure myself but don't use the equipment you usually use for practising." She warned me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Just.. just don't use the same equipment you use. Someone might have ruined them." She said more clearly for me to understand.

"How can you be so sure about this?" I asked but when she was going to reply Stan walked in.

"Dude what are you doing here? Coach is waiting for you. He is literally asking every student where you are." He said and i nodded. I turned to Alaïa but she was already gone. The library was closer to here so i guess she went there.

But what was all that about?

I walked with Stan on the field and saw everyone ready to practise. The cheerleaders were in their normal clothes so the player will be able to focus more on the practise.

Good!

"Alright everyone get ready." The coach said once he noticed me and they nodded.

I usually go on the treadmil which is in the office of the coach but whatever Alaïa told me was still in my mind. Should i trust her?

"Dude can i use it first?" Andy asked snapping me out of my thoughts and i nodded.

I walked to the other equipment and took a weighlifter in one arm. I started to flex each arms using the weightlifter.

We'll see if she was right...

Suddenly a screamed were heard and we all drop our equipment and run to Andy. He was on the floor holding his arms. He hissed in pain when coach lift him with two other players.

"Coach the speed direction is broke on the machine." Alex said looking at the treadmil.

"How can it be broken? We just change it." Coach asked annoyed.

"Xander, Alex bring him to the infirmary." Coach ordered and we nodded.

Andy wrapped one of his arm around my shoulder and the other around Alex's shoulder. We walked to the infirmary and laid him on the bed. We were ask to wait outside so we did.

"How can the machine be broken?" Alex asked more to himself.

"I was suppose to use it first." I said and he turned to me.

"Your are lucky you didn't go first. There is a possibility that Andy's arm is broken." He said and i nodded

All thanks to Alaïa...

The door opened and the nurse came out.

"His parents were call to take him home. He has a broken arm and a broken leg." She said and we nodded.

"You both can go back to play. I will look after him till his parents come." The nurse said.

We made our way to the field when i saw Alaïa by the locker and she was alone. What were the odds.

"You go. I will join you soon." I said and he nodded.

I made my way to Alaïa.

"Thank you." I said and she jumped startled.

"Sorry i didn't mean to scare you." I apologised and she shake her head no.

"That's okay. I didn't see you coming." She said.

"Well thank you for the warning. My friend now has a broken arm and a broken leg." I said and her eyes widened.

"So it was true! Is he ok?" She asked and i nodded.

"He is going home to rest. But can you tell me how you knew that this would happen?" I asked and she nodded.

"I heard two girls talking in the bathroom. They were talking about how Cynthia ask another player to ruin your equipement so that she can nurse you. But i wasn't sure if it was true or not but i guess it was true." She explained and i clentched my fist.

Cynthia. Why am i not surprise.

"Thank you once again." I said and she nodded.

I turned around and walked to the field.

who the hell is helping Cynthia with this shits!?

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)