35. Who is She?

"Awaarapaan banjarapaanEk khala hai sine mein

Ek khala hai sine mein..."

~~~~~~~~

Abhay stood worriedly on the balcony when Kashi approached. Her hand resting gently on his shoulder. "Abhay?" she began, but Abhay's tense demeanor interrupted her.

"Who's there?" he asked, his mood following suit.

"It's me, Abhay. What's wrong?" Kashi asked, surprised by his reaction.

"Nothing," He replied, glancing towards Kashi. "I was just lost in some thought."

"Food is ready," Kashi informed him and he nodded.

"So, hurry up," Kashi urged before leaving but Abhay remained, lost in his thoughts, his mind racing with various concerns.

After changing and joining everyone for dinner, Abhay found himself repeatedly glancing at Kashi, sensing something unusual about her for the first time. As dinner progressed, Abhay couldn't shake off the feeling of unease.

Later, as Abhay retired to his room, Shalini stayed downstairs with Kashi, noticing Kashi's anxious glances at the clock.

"What's wrong, Kashi? Are we expecting someone?" Shalini inquired.

"No, nothing like that," Kashi replied nervously.

"Oh, I was just teasing," Shalini reassured, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Okay, you too, take rest and I'll go to my room," Kashi said, as she got up and headed to her room, feeling Shalini's scrutinizing gaze follow her.

Shalini, on the other hand, retired to her own room, with a mind filled with questions and suspicions.

"Who are you, and if you are Kashi, then why do our hearts not agree? What I saw in the kitchen today couldn't have been a trick of the eyes," Shalini mused while sitting in her room. "We have to find out where you went, Kashi," she resolved.

Meanwhile, Kashi entered the room, expecting to find Abhay, but he wasn't there. She looked around the room, puzzled by his absence. Suddenly, her phone rang, and she saw that it was Abhay calling.

"Hello? Abhay?" Kashi answered eagerly, her heart racing.

"I am in the library. I got some important work," Abhay's voice came through the phone before abruptly cutting off. Kashi let out a sadistic smile, her intentions thwarted by the brief and distant nature of his call.

As Kashi stood in the room, her eyes fell upon Abhay's picture resting on the nightstand. Initially, a hint of sadness flickered across her face, a reflection of her disappointment.

However, as her gaze lingered on the image, a subtle transformation occurred. A dark, almost sinister smile crept onto her lips, replacing the sorrow with a sense of malevolence. It was as though her unfulfilled intentions had ignited a hidden darkness within her, manifesting in the form of a chilling grin.