Raji

Raji

I met Raji for the first time in 7th grade but we didn't really become good good friends until 8th grade and going forward into high school. Raji was from the MiddleEast, but moved to the U.S. early in his youth. From that upbringing he could speak two different languages and still excelled in the American school system. A note, Raji only spoke Urdu to his mother and likely his father, but he spoke English fluently with myself and our friends.

Anyways so we met in the class industrial technology which was basically a modern term given to a shop class. Half of the year you worked on computers using basic design programs, the other half of the time was in the shop doing woodworking. On our first day in shop class we were all required to use the table saw and radial arm saw which was intimidating to thirteen year olds, but we all took our turn without incident. Raji and I however really didn't meet until a month later when we were both in the classroom setting on computers to where we sat next to each other. He was a very funny guy that had a unique perspective on the situation we all found ourselves in.

Going into high school he joined the tennis team as well since most of his and my friends already played. The only thing that wasn't the greatest was he was on junior varsity for two years while I was on varsity. Once we hit senior year though we were both on varsity. Going into College we pretty much parted ways but still kept in contact over the years, and to this day I could reach out to him anytime, we were pretty much best friends.