Mother Keeps Fundraiser Money

Every school year in industrial technology, a class offered both at Roosevelt middle school and Oakridge high, we had a fundraiser where you are given a box of chocolate bars and are to sell them for $1 each and then give the money to Mr. Noble to help buy wood, tools, and support the program. This was not a good program for people in abject poverty because what happened to me and some other students in the class. Basically mine and their parents took the money from selling the chocolate for themselves, Damien's mom did so several years in a row, I think every year, to where literally every class all year Mr. Noble would say "Damien, where is my chocolate money?" When the fundraiser started I told my mother to keep chocolate money separate given she wanted to sell them, but she didn't, and I don't blame her and Mr. Noble. I believe understood. He was a good man.

Years later I can somewhat understand why mother kept the money given the desperate need for anything, but I knew the end result would be owing money to Mr.Noble to which I would be held responsible. Eventually Mr.Noble stopped asking me for the chocolate money since he and my mother worked at the same school and she likely explained the situation to him. Other's weren't so fortunate and would have to suffer the embarrassment of being called out every single day about money that they didn't have and had no way to get being only 12-15 years old.