Chapter 3

I looked back at the mysterious note that came with the pendant. 'You might not remember me, but I remember you, Pal'. It was all so strange, and confusing. I held the pendant up to the dull sunlight coming through my window and watched it shine. It seemed to be the exact same one that I was going to buy. I put it around my neck and thought of who could of have given me this. First of all, no one knew that I wanted this specific necklace. And secondly, how would they know where I lived...? I tried to think of the customer I served that had an identical necklace to this one. No luck. They didn't seem familiar anyway. I needed a plan; I needed to find out who this outsider is, and what they want.

Entering the Starbucks in which I worked at, I ordered a short Java Chip and sat down at the lounge with my laptop. My plan would work, and I knew it would. My plan is to sit here, and see if that anonymous person comes in here, looking for me. And when they do, I am going to figure out what they want from me.

I sat there and drank, occasionally looking up from my laptop in search of my target. I've been here for almost an hour, in hopes that the culprit would come in soon. It was almost 12pm., so I somewhat felt defeated. But, to my surprise, someone came in, looking as if they were in search of something, or someone. At first, I lowered my head when they walked by me, but then I looked back to see them starting to walk out. I was too late, though, and they stopped in their tracks, their gazed fixed on me. A surprised look quickly turned into a smirk as the person walked over to me, shut my laptop and sat down in front of me. "Trista," the man spoke, "I've been waiting for you." my heart sank as he spoke. I was mesmerized by his baby blue eyes and maize colored hair. "Who are you, and how do you know my name...?" I asked the most cliche question I could think of. He chuckled and lowered his head. "Who am I? You don't remember me? I'm the most poisonous memory that you want to forget..." he spoke in a breathy voice.

After being confused for quite some time, my heart sank right down to my stomach. It was him. And he was right, he was the most poisonous memory that I had wanted to forget. He caused me anguish and affliction in the past. I wanted to forget him. But now he's back...

"You remember me now, don't you Trista? It's me, Malik, your lover." he cooed that last part. "What the fuck do you want from me?!" I stood up quickly, about to leave. He stood up and grabbed me by the rest, pulling me back, whispering into my ear. "You won't leave, now that I'm here." he commanded me with such dominance. I was still scared of what his intentions were, and what he wanted after all of this time. "Okay...What do you want from me, Malik?" I calmly asked. "I wanted to give you an offer," his tone of voice lowered, "will you be mine again...?". No. There was no way in hell that I would go back to him. He was ruthless and abusive. No matter how much I felt the need for a lover lately, I still wouldn't accept his offer. That's because he really is the poisonous memory that I wanted to forget.

"So what do you want from me, Mailk? Sex, money, what is it?" I wanted a forthright answer from him. "Like I said, I wanted to know if you'd be my love, again" he explained once again. "No, no, no! Malik, I told you that I don't want you near me anymore. You made my life a living hell, even now. You made me what I am today. You hurt me, and there is no chance of me falling in love with you ever again!" I yelled a little too loudly. I spilt the rest of my drink on him, knowing he'd be mad, and left. 

(Yes, this is shorter than usual, but the next part will really expand on what I meant by when I said "You hurt me, and there is no chance of me falling in love with you ever again!". I hope you enjoyed this part, though. -K)