18|evidence

"We have to turn the heat up on Bobby," Rebecca stated to Aria in the library.

"We have two burner phones here and Jane has to at school, so we should talk to her and see who will send the first text." Aria stated as she leaned against a bookshelf of female writers.

They acted like secret agents around school these days. Giving each other glances no one else knew what to make of, texting at odd hours of the day and now meeting up in the library to set the plan in motion. Rebecca and Aria had gotten extremely close due to the horrific incidents that tethered them together and it'd only be a matter of time before someone found it suspicious. Maya had already questioned it.

"I think we should send the first one, that way we can keep better track on him throughout the day. I think we should keep the correspondence between us three to a minimum."

"For evidence sake?"

"Mostly that and...Brody has a way of sensing when things are wrong, if we get sloppy he will find out and this whole thing is ruined."

"That's what I was worried you'd say, but it's too late to back out now. We'll be extra careful after we've sent the text message today - we should probably stay away from each other." Aria stated.

It was fitting that the two girls had found a secret spot in the female isle of the library. Among Virginia Wolf, Jane Austen and Mary Shelley stood two determined girls that sought justice and perhaps the powers of the females around them caused them to stay calm and focused. Each time they went there Aria ran her fingers over the many book titles and hoped to one day contribute to female empowerment just like the women who's books she was touching - if they pulled it of, that is.

"It sort of sucks that we're friends now with only a few months left of the school year, then we'll be in different states." Rebecca mumbled.

"Just because we're in different states doesn't mean we can't talk all the time. Thank God for social media." Aria joked but meant it all.

"Are your friends asking a lot of questions? It must be hard not to tell them." Rebecca asked.

Julie and Maya had been her friends for way longer than her and Rebecca but this newfound bond was important enough to keep this secret, for Rebecca and Jane's sake. With Julie and Maya she shared memories that could never be forgotten, they shared time, but with Rebecca i was different. Neither of them wanted to share the event they had in common but it had caused a bond that couldn't be broken, it had manifested in them. It was a fear, the need for justice and revenge that connected Rebecca and Aria and a bond like that was hard to break.

So no, to Aria this wasn't difficult to keep from them because it had nothing to do with them. She didn't want to taint the friendships she had with them with this incident, especially when they wouldn't fully understand why Aria had chosen the plan she had. They would be as clueless as Aria had been before that Friday night and Aria wanted to keep it that way. Once you'd gone through it life would appear different, darker, which is something she didn't want to subject to her friends.

"It's better to keep them out of this--they wouldn't agree with what we're doing and they wouldn't understand it." She responded.

"I just hope they won't be angry with you when we reveal this secret to the school...they might feel betrayed of some sort." Rebecca warned.

"Are you trying to scare me?" Aria asked.

"No not at all, but I do want to warn you. I lost friends over this so I can relate, not that you have lost anyone, but it isn't always easy for people around you to accept that you kept it a secret."