Chapter Thirty Nine.

Not me updating at two in the morning like always :) lmaoo y'all know the drill already please ignore any typos I'll be back to edit when I have a little more life in me lmao happy reading 💕

Isaac's POV

The flight back home definitely feels longer rather than shorter, but I think that's just because I'm anxious to get home and see my girlfriend.

I feel bad that I couldn't stay to hang out with her all day like she would've liked me to, shits been so crazy and hectic the only alone time we get to spend together is when we're in bed and even then I'm too tired or she's too tired to stay up and talk and we always end up knocking out.

The flight back home is definitely a lot quieter around.

Ian actually takes a seat in the back single seats with Nate and I, as Don takes a seat on the couch where Ian did this morning, or actually I should say he's laying down on it because before you know it he's softly snoring.

Don isn't the only one who knocks out on the flight back home though, my cousin and Metcalf are actually knocked out as well, and as tired as I feel I can't let myself fall asleep.

I know that if I nap on this flight it's gonna fuck up my entire sleeping schedule and by the time it comes to go to bed I'm going to be wide awake and won't get any sleep until about two am.

It's a little past six in the evening when we finally land and I'm sitting in my car, in the parking lot.

I try convincing my cousin to ride back home with me since he originally pulled up with Don but he kept refusing, he says he has to go back to the house to get some clothes and other things he needs, unfortunately for him he has to take Don with him because my parents don't trust him to come back home.

I offered to take him myself, I really didn't mind, but he demanded that I get back to my girlfriend and I desperately appreciated that.

I'm on my way home, about ten minutes from my house, when my music suddenly stops playing and my phone is now ringing as Dion's name is being displayed on my stereo screen.

I click on the little phone button on my steering wheel as my best friend's call connects to my radio.

"What's up, Dee?"

"You back yet?" His voice instantly fills my car.

"Yeah," I answer as I come up to a red light. "We landed about ten minutes ago."

"How'd it go?"

"Better than expected," I answered. "I'm on my way home right now."

Dion doesn't say anything in return and I'm soon sitting in utter silence as I wait for him to speak up, yet he never does, which is weird, Dion's a fucking chatty box it's getting him to shut up that's the problem.

Him being quiet is his tell for when something is wrong and it's usually never good.

"You alright man?" I asked.

The street light turns green and I'm moving from that spot.

"Can we talk?" He says while inhaling a deep breath.

I increased the volume on my radio a bit, "yeah man, what's up?"

"I mean in person," he mutters.

I glance at the time on my screen; it's 6:26 in the evening and the sun is already starting to go down.

I sigh deeply, "I'm exhausted, Dee, can it wait for the morning?"