Chapter Nine.

Hailey's POV

"Babe.." Isaac calls my name out attempting to gain my attention, but it's trained on every aspect and corner of his backyard.

There's so many people here, half of the families haven't even showed up yet and The Matteo's backyard is already starting to fill up.

This was definitely more than just a small dinner between the families.

I'm now just starting to realize how big Mr. Matteo's organization actually is.

I've met about a handful of Mr. Matteo's crew and thought that was a lot of guys in general, but there's way so many faces here today that I've never seen before. Apparently Carmelo has had half of his crew here since the break of dawn setting everything up.

"Baby," Isaac rasps, gently pulling on the hand that he was holding.

"Hmm," I barely turn to look at him.

"Hailey," he growls in between clenched teeth and I'm instantly turning to look at him.

He's annoyed although he won't admit it.

He glances down at our hands, "it's starting to go numb, babe."

I quickly release his hand, not realizing just how tight I was squeezing it, "I'm sorry," I mumble.

Isaac shakes his head and is immediately reaching for my hand all over again, leaning into my ear, "they'll leave soon, I promise."

I look up into his dark brown eyes and nod my head.

Isaac and I were currently standing around with his dad, uncle Sal, and Dion's dad. They were of course talking about business, so I decided to make myself useful and zone out of their conversation and focus in on everything else.

Some many people being in one house didn't exactly make me nervous anymore, it was the fact that every single meathead that passed by had a gun on them, including my boyfriend, his dad, and everyone else.

Some of them were real discrete about it, hiding it under their shirt, jackets, etc, but you could obviously still see the outlines of the pieces, and as for the rest of them- well they really didn't care and had them on clear display, whether they were tucked into their pants or out in their holsters.

I turn back to my boyfriend and his family and lean into him, he immediately leans down so I can speak into his ear, "is Angela still coming tonight?"

He nods and checks the time on his Apple Watch, "they should've been here by now," he says.

They meaning both Angela and Dion.

I really didn't feel comfortable coming to Isaac's house tonight knowing who and who was gonna be here, but Angela insisted that I tag along, that I started to get to know that side of the family, plus it would finally give her someone to hang out with rather than just Isaac and Dion all the time, or even the "wives" likes she says.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Isaac growls and I immediately feel him tense up.

I look up to see what he's talking about and find his uncle Fernando walking out of his house and into his backyard, Mrs. Matteo standing right next to him, pointing in our direction.

"Behave," Mr. Matteo grumbles while taking a drink of his copper drink. He looks back for a second and turns back to his son, "your mother invited him."

"Why?" Isaac's upper lip twitches, his grip on my hand getting a bit more firm. He's a few seconds away from losing his shit.

"Baby," I whisper, placing my free hand on his arm.