Chapter One

Hailey's POV

"Isaac's either going to kill you, or completely fuckin' adore you," Carmen says from behind me.

I look at the mirror that's in front of me as i sit perfectly still in the comfortable salon chair, to find my best friend standing in the same spot that she's been standing in for the past hour; right next to the hair stylist that was currently styling my new bleached short hair.

I inhale a big deep breath, releasing it slowly as I take in my new hair color.

My hair was no longer naturally red, there was actually nothing natural about it anymore.

It was now a light brown color, and quite frankly I was completely in love with the color and length, i'm just praying to God that Isaac likes it just as much as i do.

My hair was no longer long, not that it was that long to begin with, my medium length hair was now chopped off, barely brushing off of my shoulders.

School was about to start in two days, two, and I was nowhere near ready for it, all I knew was that I wanted to start the year with a completely new look.

New look, new friends; hopefully, a new me, after all I did come out here with a mission.

I wasn't gonna be the same Hailey that I was a few months ago, the same girl that I was throughout high school, that scared little girl was dead and long gone.

"What's Dion suppose to call you now? Brown?" She scoffs sarcastically. "Cause you're no longer a red head!"

My hairstylist begins to chuckle softly, "wait, someone actually calls you red?"

I nod my head, "yeah," I smile. "My boyfriends best friend."

"Well I think he's going to love it, your boyfriend I mean," she adds.

"Yeah hopefully, I guess we'll see next weekend."

"Well if he doesn't like it babe, tell him to get over himself," Shantel quickly sasses, waving her curling iron in my direction.

Carmen instantly starts to snicker, "believe me, Shantel, her boyfriend isn't the type to just get over things."

"Car!" I quickly scowl her.

"What!? You know it's true, Hail bear! Isaac can be so stubborn sometimes!"

Unfortunately this was very true, I wasn't even going to try and deny it, I couldn't. Isaac had one of the shortest tempers that I'd ever seen in my life, along with his fathers of course.

Anything, literally anything, can set those men off. Thank God i've only ever been on that receiving end a couple times, and man let me tell you it was not pretty.

Thankfully everything between Isaac and I has been amazing, our one year anniversary was actually coming up pretty fast, in about a little over a month exactly, along with his birthday.

It's crazy to think Isaac and I have only been dating for a year now, but have been through so much already.

I've actually only been away from home for about a week and I was already missing him like crazy, which is stupid because we've gone longer than a week without talking, but this felt different, we felt different, but like a good kind of different.

Isaac and I have actually been drama free ever since everything happened with Verdino, but I wasn't holding my breath, I knew that anything can happen with him at any given second.

We've of coursed have had our fair share of small little petty arguments here and there, but what couple didn't?

Our little fights were mostly about me coming down to school, Isaac till this day is still not a fan of me choosing a school so close to the city, he's proud that i'm doing big girls things on my own, but hates my school location.