17 | missing you

"i'm sorry lei," marg rubbed my back as i sobbed in my bed. "i really am."

"me too lani," liz sat next to me.

"man this is exactly why i told her we were taking shit slow," i started. "cau- cause i just knew not to trust her!"

"don't be so hard on yourself lei," liz patted my thigh.

"i should've listened to you," i looked at her.

"oh hush," she shook her head. "nobody could've seen that coming."

"ugh the shit just sucks!" i exclaimed.

"i just can't believe you tried to kill amelia," margie chuckled.

"okay i wasn't actually going to kill her," i playfully rolled my eyes. "i just needed her to know not to play with me," i grinned.

"whew i'm scared of you," liz joked.

"where's a therapist when you need one," margie joked.

"please don't even," i pushed her shoulder.

"you gonna be okay though?" she asked.

"yeah," i nodded. "i'm good on being single right now anyway," i shrugged. "sex would be nice though," i chuckled.

"so, you're going back to hasson?" margie squinted.

"i don't know," i sighed. "i might as well right? she's not as toxic as billie."

"but i don't want her to manipulate you with her emotions," margie said.

"plus, don't you want something new?" liz asked.

"i can't pull women and men easy like you dear," i laughed.

"you probably could, you're just pussy," she teased.

"well let me be one," i playfully rolled my eyes.

my phone pinged.

"are you already texting hasson? leilani rose get a grip," margie snatched my phone.

"it's been 2 days since billie broke me again. 24 hours was long enough," i snatched my phone back.

"okay cmon no," liz got up from the bed. "let's go shopping or something. i cant stand this."

they made me get up and get dressed. we walked out of the apartment and ran straight into amelia.

we both paused and gave each other the meanest elevator look.

"what are you looking at?" milly squinted.

"wow," margie chuckled. "her almost killing you wasn't enough huh?"

liz and i both laughed, making milly's face drop. "i don't care."

"me neither," i shrugged. "billie's all yours by the way."

"oh please. you can have billie," she started. "all the things she watched you do to me the other day and she still kicked me out? i want nothing to do with that," she shrugged.

"so," liz squinted. "so- okay so wait."

"what?" amelia rolled her eyes.

"this whole time you've been crazy obsessed with billie," liz started. "all it took was for her to disrespect you?"

"yeah pretty much," amelia shrugged in a 'duh' manner.

"huh, if only she would've actually believed that billie really did fuck you in her bed," margie chuckled, making my eyes go wide.