71

The following months went fast for Irena. The holidays were different in the Burrow that year. Bill and Fleur didn't go to the Burrow for Christmas since it was their first Christmas as a married couple.

During that time, Alek started doing accidental magic. He got excited about receiving presents. He made them appear in front of him. Irena had to look for new places to hide them. "You cant open them right now," Irena told her one-year-old as she picked up the present, thinking of a new place to hide them. The atmosphere around them on Christmas wasn't as cheerful as previous years; Ron didn't spend Christmas with them, neither did Percy.

Ginny talked about how things at Hogwarts weren't the same as before. Irena heard her tell Fred and George that she was leading the revival of Dumbledore's Army alongside Neville and Luna. They were proud of her, and knowing Ginny, they weren't surprised "just be careful," George had told her.

During New years eve, Fred and Irena kissed Aleks cheek as his eyes were slowly closing. He was tired, and they knew he wouldn't be up by midnight. "Happy New Year, Alek," Fred said, ruffling his hair as Alek had his head on his mother's chest. Irena slowly placed him on the mattress she could look at her son all day long.

Fred got Irena's hand and slowly pulled her away from Alek. "I love you," he said, kissing the top of her head bringing a smile to Irena's lips. "So do I," Irena said, wrapping her arms around her neck. Fred started moving from side to side, "what are you doing," she said with a chuckle, "dancing," he said like it was the most obvious thing, "without music," she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We don't need music to dance," he said as he continued to move Irena following his lead. He got closer to her, humming by her ear. They continued to dance until they noticed that it was almost the New Year.

Looking at her husband, Irena noticed how truly beautiful his eyes were and all the freckles he had on his face. She was mesmerized and couldn't look away. He looked at her lips that he had kissed many times before. He liked how her lips felt on his. Fred felt hypnotized looking at her; he moved his hand to her lower back. Their lips connected like a puzzle piece perfect for each other. Their lips moved in sync. They broke apart, both of them having the biggest smile on their faces. "Happy new year, Rena," Fred said. "Happy New Year, Frederick." Irena hoped that the next year would be better and hoped that nothing bad would happen to her family; that's all she wanted. Fred kissed her back more intensely.

For Irena's birthday Fred and Alek baked a cake for her, but it didn't turn out how he expected. His mother makes it seem so simple. He made a small chocolate cake without a recipe because he thought he was capable of doing it by himself, "how hard can it be," he said to his son as they walked in the kitchen. Fred got out a few ingredients. After the cake was done, he was proud of himself for his creation. Alek was covered in flour from his hair to his toes. Fred didn't even know when that happened, but having his wand near he cleaned him before Irena or his mother saw Alek.

He set the cake on the table. The top part of the cake was burnt while the inside was not fully cooked. Because the cake wasn't fully cooked, some of the Weasleys got symptoms of food poisoning. Molly had banned Fred from using the kitchen not only because the cake made most of the family sick but because he made a mess in the kitchen for the next two days; Molly continued to find flour. She didn't know where more flour was coming from; it seemed that it would appear on its own.

As Valentines day approached, Fred wanted to do something special since they weren't going to go out this year for everything that was going on. The death eaters were causing chaos everywhere they went. Since he was banned from using the kitchen because of last month's incident, he had to think of something else.

While Fred was trying to figure out what to do, Irena was in the room looking for something in particular.

Looking through her closet, setting a few clothes on the bed, she found the dress she was looking for; she hoped it would still fit her.

She put on the dress and fixed her hair. Fred walked in the room with his head down and a single flower in hand. "Hello Fredrick," Irena said as he closed the door. "Hi R-rena," he said, looking at her with his mouth in an O shape. Irena was wearing the dress she wore on valentines day two years ago.

"Is that for me?" Irena said, pointing at the flower that Fred had in his hand, he looked at her he tried to say yes, but no words came out.

He couldn't believe the power she had over him. They have been together for some time. They got married last year but still looking at her like that; his heart was beating faster, the same as when he saw her in the Gryffindor common door two years ago.

She took the flower from his hand and smelt it "thank you," she said with a smile and placed it on the small nightstand beside their bed.

Finally, Fred was able to say something; the words were coming out of his mouth faster than he could think of what he was saying "you beautiful look, no you look wow hot." His cheeks were turning a light shade of pink Irena laughed and said, "thank you and happy valentines, by the way." She walked closer to him "do you have any plans for today," she said, putting her arms around his neck. He only shook his head and a few seconds later said "no."

It made Irena smile brightly at how Fred was acting. "I have something in mind," she said, moving her face to his side, whispering something in his ear.

"What are we waiting for," Fred said excitedly, removing his shirt and throwing it to the floor. As Fred jumped on the bed, Irena unzipped her dress and let it fall to the floor; she walked up to him, getting on top of him.

He couldn't wait any longer and started kissing her.

------

The battle of Hogwarts is fast approaching. I'm curious to know do you guys want a happy or sad ending. What do you guys enjoy reading more?