Setting The Stages

Up in heaven, in a medical bed, Lute winces in pain as an angelic doctor tries to remove the angelic bullet Sir Pentious fired into her right eye.

Lute: (frustrated) Can't you be faster?

Doctor: (annoyed) Calm down, Lieutenant. Something like this can't be rushed, you know. You're lucky you even survived.

After a while, the doctor is able to remove the angelic bullet from Lute, pulling it out as Lute grits her teeth.

Doctor: (relieved) There we go, all done.

Lute: (gritting her teeth) Finally. Now, get me a mirror.

The doctor retrieves a mirror and hands it to Lute, who inspects her reflection. She sees the bandages covering her right eye and a scar running diagonally across her face where the bullet had entered. A ironic parallel to her she cut off Vaggie's left eye.

Lute: (annoyed) Leave me be.

Doctor: (nervously) Yes, ma'am.

-

The next day, in Hazbin Hotel, Emily, in a random bedroom she decided to take for herself, gets out of bed and immediately prepares herself for her first proper day at the Hazbin Hotel.

She was excited... to a point. She still had a wing that is in bandages due to Lute shooting her in the back. Also, the fact she was forced out of heaven. Of course, she was meant to have been killed by Lute and her Exorcists' goons if not for Sir Pentious saving her. And it's not like she was going to be surrounded by strangers; she knew Charlie and Vaggie, along with Sir Pentious. And she knew of Angel Dust, Niffty, Husk, and Cherri Bomb from the footage in the heaven court when she found out her life was built on lies. And Lucifer and Alastor, the only other people she had no prior contact with, were very kind to her yesterday.

A few minutes later, Emily exits her room and starts to walk down the corridor and down the stairs to the lodge area. It was early, nobody else was awake... almost everyone.

Voice: (calmly) What are you doing up early, young one?

Emily jumps before turning around to see the radio demon himself.

Emily: (nervously) I... uh...

Alastor: (calmly) Don't be so nervous. I may be an overlord, but I won't bite. Say, would you like something to eat?

Emily: (nervously) That... would be nice of you.

Alastor chuckles softly, his charismatic demeanor putting Emily slightly at ease.

Alastor: (calmly) Then come, my new friend. I'm sure I can make something.

Emily nervously follows Alastor through the corridors to his room.

-

Meanwhile, up in heaven, Lute, still recovering from being shot, enters Gabriel's office. The angel in question is looking through a window.

Lute: (calmly) You called for me, sir?

Gabriel: (calmly) Yes... take a seat.

Lute obeys, sitting down.

Gabriel: (calmly) Do you know why I brought you here?

Lute: (calmly) No, sir.

Gabriel: (calmly) I'll just get straight to the point. You're fired.

Lute: (shocked) What? Sir, you can't be serious.

Gabriel: (calmly) Oh, but I am. Your failure to kill that traitorous angel, Emily, has angered the Lord. And you know what happens when the Lord is angry. You and the Exorcists are old news. Now that I'm in charge, I want to use brains, not mindless murder. I mean, look at you, a warrior without an eye or an arm.

Lute looks away, tears forming in her eyes.

Gabriel: (calmly) To think, if you and Adam had killed that Exorcist Angel Vaggie, maybe your exterminations would still be in place. But no worries, I have three in training to find a way to eliminate that Hazbin Hotel in a more secretive manner. As for the other Exorcists... well, I've already dealt with them.

Gabriel pulls out a knife, a knife covered in the blood of all the remaining Exorcists, as Lute gasps and quickly gets out of her chair to escape, only to find herself being lifted in the air by Gabriel's magic.

Gabriel: (calmly) Farewell, Lute. You won't be missed.

Gabriel steps towards Lute, ready to gut her, although Lute is able to kick Gabriel in the face with her right leg before summoning a portal behind her and jumping in before it closes.

Gabriel: (annoyed) No matter, she won't be a threat once the Lord's plan is complete.

-

Meanwhile, in the Hazbin Hotel radio tower, Alastor sets up his desk, his back turned as Emily sits on a table eating a meal.

Alastor: (calmly) Do enjoy. It's my family's special pie.

Emily: (smiling) This is pretty good.

Alastor: (calmly) Why, thank you. You know, not many have had it, you know. I thought it might be a treat considering your circumstances.

Emily: (excited) This really lightens my day, Alastor. Thank you.

Alastor's smile suddenly turns into a wicked smirk.

Alastor: (calmly) You know, I could tell you the recipe.

Emily: (surprised) Really?

Alastor turns to Emily.

Alastor: (calmly) Although it will cost.

Emily: (nervously) I'm sorry, what?

Alastor: (calmly) Apologize. I should've put it more...nicely. My family recipe is special, you know. All I ask is for a harmless favor from you later, don't if I need help with my radio program or something.

Emily: (calmly) Oh, sorry. For a moment, I thought you were going to manipulate me into giving you my soul.

Alastor: (calmly) Relax, I have too many souls these days. Do we have a deal?

Alastor reaches his hand out.

Emily: (determined) Deal.

Emily shakes Alastor's hand, marking their deal.

If only Emily knew.

Emily: (calmly) I better go. The others will be up soon. Bye, Alastor. Thank you.

Emily leaves the radio tower, leaving the overlord all by himself.

Alastor: (determined) No, Emily, thank you.

Charlie and Vaggie walk down the stairs as Emily greets them.

Emily: (excited) Hi, Charlie. Hi, Vaggie.

Vaggie: (surprised) Well, look at that, back to being all sweet again. What changed your tune back?

Emily: (calmly) You can thank Alastor. He's so nice he even baked a pie for me using his secret family recipe.

Charlie: (surprised) Didn't know Alastor knew how to make pies, let alone with a secret recipe.

Vaggie: (calmly) The more you know.

Emily: (excited) So what are we doing today?

Charlie: (calmly) Well...

-

Down the streets of Hell, in an abandoned alleyway, Lute sits alone on some stairs.

She had failed. She had been reduced to nothing but a nobody, a shadow of her former self.

Lute: (angrily) One day, Gabriel, you'll be the one no one will miss.

Lute rests her head on the wall, staring into the red sky above.

Vengeance will be hers.