45

"here. step inside."

i watched onika as she worked with the young girl and her dress. it's amazing to see because they're always so beautiful and happy with the results. most of them look like princesses and queens.

my prom dress was a simply bought dress that i spent no more than $200 on. these girls parents are dropping $1k+ on these things. insane for one damn night. but that's how much it takes being that it's made by hand and all that.

onika does an amazing job.

"omg she looks so beautiful." the mom gushed at her daughter. i smiled small. reminded me of my mom every time she saw solange and i dressed up as kids. she was the most supportive even if we looked a mess. which 90% of the time we did.

"what time does prom start? i can make the tail longer by then."

"it starts at 9pm, she gets her makeup done at 7."

"ok. so anytime before 6, it'll be finished."

it's 3 now.... she's gonna overwork herself. although it doesn't take long, she's been up since early this morning. two of her clients have prom today, this us just client one. the other is coming at 6.

"thank you so much. i may come by myself to pick it up."

"that's fine. see you soon. have fun tonight pretty." she walked them out the door of her building. i loved how she looked today. just really girly. so beautiful. i wanna kiss her body but she's working. so i'll give her time.

she's been really quiet between the two of us. i'm not sure if it's because she's upset or if it's just one of those silent days. i don't wanna assume and she get mad at me so i'm letting it play smooth.

ever since the other night when i got drunk with kelly, everything's been quiet. of course little things here and there but overall, silent. besides the kids obviously. they can't be quiet.

i still would like to go out with her like i asked before. it bothered me that we even had that exchange of words the other night. she's been so sensitive to stuff lately. and saying that she's being dramatic would really seem wrong.

especially because i'm not sure why she's acting like this. but once again i don't wanna assume. assuming with her would be asking for hell in that house.

i looked up from my nails to see that she wasn't in here anymore. damn that was fast. it was like a scary movie when the people get snatched...i'd just heard and seen her. one blink and she's gone.

mm.

the door of her building opened and tae came in with lauren next. i waved getting the same back from tae but nothing from lauren. okay. maybe it's just not a good morning. she's been getting enough from onika so i wasn't gonna say anything.

i feel for her enough.

onika came out the back holding a mannequin. oh that's where she went. probably about to work on that dress.

"there's a shoot today?" she looked at tae confused. he nodded while setting up his station.

"a girl wanna take photos for her business. she got a group of friends coming."

"oh ok. are their pictures being taken here?"

"yea. her photographer rented it out over there."

this building is very versatile. she can be making dresses and having a photoshoot going at the same time. there's stations. that was smart of her.

like i've said before, always making money.

just sitting here was making me tired so i curled up and closed my eyes. thankful for this couch area. she did her big one. they're all gonna be all day with this working stuff. a group photoshoot can take forever depending on the theme....