Chapter 3: Meeting Others

As I left the clinic of Doc Hudson, I was happy to finally see fresh air again. I put a smile on my face as I looked at the other buildings of Radiator Springs, waiting for me to check them out and meet others. I was hesitating at first. What if they didn't like me and voted to send me away? No, don't think like that immediately, Y/N. As long as you're kind and show respect, then they'll definitely like you, I thought, taking deep breaths to calm me down. 

I finally took my first steps deeper into the city. My first sight of interest to check first was at the café I noticed V8 Café. It looked like an interesting place to hang out whenever you want to. But when I thought deeply, I realized I can't drink gas or oil. That's just very dangerous for humans so I realized I can drink water and juice but if there was anything at all. Once I arrived in the middle of the café, I was speechless. It was indeed beautiful... 

"Enjoying my café, honey?" A female voice told to me.

I immediately looked in the direction of the voice and there stood a nice kind looking female. She was a 1957 GM Motorama Show Car. She looked beautiful yet a very sassy one. She was smiling at me and didn't take my appearance as a human ugly. I smiled back kindly. "Yes. Are you the owner of the café? It's very beautiful."

She seemed to be happy with what I told her. She thanked me and asked if I wanted something to drink. I kindly accepted and told her that I can't drink gas or oil because it's dangerous for humans. I just simply told her to get me apple juice or water. I will not lie. When I told her everything about that, she seemed interested and understanding that she drove off to get my order. While I patiently waited for my order, I took my chance to look around. I saw a shy and sensitive-looking 1950s Torchy Truck Company fire truck. He looked like to be a quiet one as he was watering flowers. He was smiling. I decided to go to him after this. 

"Here's your order, honey."

I turned around and saw the same female car from before. She set my order carefully on the ground and I picked it up. It was a can and not luckily heavy so I drink and it turned out to be water. I enjoyed my drink. Once I set it back on the ground, I looked at the female car. "You don't seem disturbed by my appearance, ma'am."

She laughed a bit. "Of course not, honey. My name is Flo, the owner of the café."

I giggled. "Y/N." I then looked back at the fire truck. "Who's that?" 

"Hm?" Flo didn't follow at first until following my gaze that landed on the fire truck. She then understood. "Oh! Honey, that's Red, our only fore truck in town but be careful what you do or say to him. He's sensitive."

I understood what Flo said and nodded at her. Red seemed like a nice fellow to hang out with as well. I drank the rest of my water and thanked Flo before following in Red's direction. Red's brown eyes finally made eye contact with me and seemed nervous at first, very nervous. I quickly showed my hands up at him, meaning no harm to calm down, and doing more of the trick, I showed my heartwarming smile. He seemed to be finally at ease and slowly smiled at me too.

I looked at the flowers. "You have nice looking flowers, Red. Flo told me about you."

Red seemed to smile more as I mentioned that. No, he does not love Flo in a romantic way but rather as a friend. I smiled brightly when she made Red smile more. I gave another compliment one last time before walking off towards the other building. I noticed a small shop of tires called Luigi's Casa Della Tires. I will immedioalty guess that I will meet Luigi, the owner of the shop. I entreted the place and so many tires greeted me. While my back was turned, I heard light driving behind me and looked over my shoulder. There was a yellow Italian 1959 Fiat 500 along with a blue Alza/Tutto Forklift. 

They both smiled and I did the same towards them before the yellow spoke to me. "Hello and welcome to Luigi's Casa Della Tires shop! I'm Luigi and this is my best friend, Guido!"

"Hello, Luigi, Guido. I'm Y/N."

Luigi gasped. "You are the human Flo told us about! You are a pretty bella, right Guido?" Luigi turned to face his best friend.

"Si."

I immedialty understood what Guido said. He seemed not to know English much like how I don't know much Italian but 'si' was 'yes' while 'bella' could be used as a name for girls but also means 'beautiful'. I blushed and appreciate their compliments since I struggled to accept the disease I have with me. I plan to go to Doc tomorrow to tell him more and others about the disease I have.

Later outside the court~

I have met everyone around Radiator Springs. EVeryone was nice. Wanna know who I met? I already met Flo, Sheriff, Doc, Red, Luigi and Guido but there was also Ramone, Mater, Sarge, Fillmore, and Lizzie.

Ramone was the husband of Flo and he was a 1959 Chevrolet Impala. He owned the place named Ramone's House of Bodyart. He painted any car that entered his place and his job seemed very cool to me but I keep it a secret.

Next we have everyone's favorite character (literally) named Tow Mater. He's very positive and called me "Miss Y/N" instead of calling me by my name. He was simply a nice talking tow truck if you didn't notice. He also owned Tow Mater's Towing & Salvage.

There were two good friends named Sarge and Fillmore. They were neighbours, even though  there was a conflict going on between Sarge and Fillmore. Sarge was a khaki green WWII Willy's army jeep while Fillmore was a 1960 Volkwagen bus. Sarge was like greenish/greyish while Fillmore was like lightgreen. Sarge was the owner of Sarge's Surplus Hut. He will do everything to survive so don't judge him, even though he was like that. Fillmore was the owner of Fillmore's Taste-In. So, what's funny about both of them? Because of a song that Fillmore like's to play.

Sarge: "Will you turn that disrespectful junk off?!"
Fillmore: "Respect the classics, man. It's Hendrix."

There was Lizzie, an old car I have ever seen in my life. It's a miracle that she's still alive. She was once married to Stanley, the owner and founder of the town. I became interested so I plan more to ask her of history later. Maybe even Doc knows. She was a black 1923 Ford Model T two-door sedan and also the owner Radiator Springs Curios shop.

Phew, that was all... nearly all. The only one I need to meet was Sally.