Chapter 12: Lightning Finds Out the Truth

It's been a while since C/N woke up and met Doc and me. She got comfortable with us that she asked us to meet others as well. We agreed and introduced everyone to them. Everyone loved her immediately and was fond of her since she was nice, kindhearted, and shy. C/N told her story that she was neglected by her own parents and they were even abusive to her, which everyone felt sorry for, even Lightning but he didn't dare to show it.

He, in fact, scoffed at seeing another human like me. "Another human?"

I became pissed but this time, it was Doc who spoke to the jerk, which surprised me while C/N clung to me. "Finish the road!"

 This surprised everyone while Lightning rolled his eyes and continued to finish the road. Trying to at least. C/N stuck by my side or either Doc's since we were the first ones to meet her. Doc didn't seem to mind that there was a human child by his side. In fact, he started to seem fond of the kid, which made me happy. But there was a problem. C/N needs parents or at least a guardian to take care of her. What if I spoke to Doc about it and he'll arrange the papers with Sally's help? But I was much older like Doc and we were a couple but I want to be married to him and carry Doc's last name. Mrs. Hudson. Wouldn't that fit? 

The next morning, I came out yawning with C/N following me, also yawning. When we reached at Flo's, I looked at C/N. "Had a good sleep?"

C/N smiled. "Yeah. My parents didn't let me sleep for long since I need to do chores but I'm glad I got to sleep long!" She jumped happily in the air, causing me to chuckle and ruffle her hair. 

"Will you turn that disrespectful junk off?"

"Respect the classics, man. It's Hendrix!"

C/N looked confused, especially when she saw my amused expression on my face. "What's happening?"

I looked chuckling at her. "Kid, Sarge and Fillmore have like that every morning. Just a nice safe funny commission going on. You'll get used to it."

Just then, I saw Lightning entering Doc's garage, causing me to stiffen and watch the scene how he disappeared. I looked at C/N and gave her a sign to stay here and she nodded and went to chat with Flo. I smiled at the sight of them chatting and I went quickly after Lightning. I peaked and saw him that he saw the Piston Cups. "Lightning!"

He jumped and drove over to face me. He quickly drove up to me with gleaming eyes. That's there first time I see hum this excited. "Did you know that Doc is a famous race car?"

I looked serious at him. Yes, I knew that but I promised Doc to not say anything since famous cars or people, had hard times being regonized but also, secrets won't be kept forever, right? I crossed my arms. "Yes, I know but I promised him to not say any-"

"Sign says stay out," Doc's voice suddenly blurted out.

Both Lightning and I got startled. We looked quickly to the voice direction and it was Doc's voice that spoke to us, or more to Lightning. He didn't looked angry at me since he caught me once and we became on good terms and are a couple. But since Lightning was new here and stuck, Doc had a fear that he would find out about his past. He was mad at the rookie that he involved his privacy. 

"You have three Piston Cups. How could you have..." He stammered and wanted to finish his word but Doc beat him to it.

"I know you couldn't drive. I didn't know you couldn't read," Doc began while pushing Lightning out of the garage of his but not... me. Huh? I then watched the whole conversation take place between the rookie and my boyfriend. As a final word that Doc said was: "You look. All I see is a bunch of emty cups." And with that, he closed his garage. He drove over and faced Y/N with a sigh.

"Are you ok, Doc?"

"No. I feared that the punk might find out my past," Doc sighed again.

I looked soft at him. I felt like I should've stopped Lightning right outside of the garage but it was too late. He already found out the truth. However, something told me that things were gonna happen in the future if the rookie found out about Doc's past. And let's just say... good things. Doc looked clearly mad and upset that he didn't made eye contact with me so I walked up to him and gently kissed his side where his scheek would be. He smiled at me gently and nuzzled against my body so I hugged him. We stayed like that, until Doc heard a commotion outside and heard and saw lightning talking about him. I looked through the window as well and saw indeed the rookie speaking to others how he found out that Doc is the Fabulous Hudson Hornet. Doc didn't like that at all while I facepalmed.