Chapter 9: Get Rekt, Lightning

It's been the next day ever since the rookie was stuck here in Radiator Springs to fix the road. He still wasn't happy at all and it was better to quit yappin' and start working if he wanted to reach California in time for his final race against Chick Hicks and Strip Weathers. While everyone went their separate ways, Doc, Mater, the rookie, and I stayed with Bessie, a very heavy machine that's used to fix the road. I learned that there was Big Al, who left the town 15 years ago. Huh, I wonder why?

Mater did not do something smart. You really have to think before doing the act. That's what Doc wanted anyway. His job was to hook the rookie up to Bessie but he didn't think twice before freeing the rookie first from the yellow thing.

But luckily, the rookie was caught since Doc ordered something about the rookie's gas. It went t a big success and now he's hooked up to Bessie.

I yawned when I came out through Doc's garage since he and I shared. I don't know anymore. We either slept at his clinic in a room or in his garage. That was Doc's choice. During the cold months, he ordered me to cuddle against him for warmth and it felt so nice. We do kiss but only in private. He allowed me to kiss against his hood, roof, and sides where his cheeks were. Everyone thought it was cute.

Doc was somewhere to keep an eye on the rookie while I walked up to Flo's café. We greeted each other and so did Sarge, Fillmore, and Sheriff. I then decided to check up on Luigi and Guido, my favorite Italians. Once I reached them, I saw them talking and even fanboying. Huh, I forgot that they were big fans of Italian designs. But was the rookie an Italian designer? "What's going on, boys?"

The three turned to face me. "Ah, Y/N! Meet Lightning McQueen! A racer! Isn't it that amazing?!" Luigi was excited.

So, his name was Lightning McQueen? It honestly suited him but he was a jerk. He disrespected my boyfriend while being in a public meeting in the city. He even flirted with Sally while I had to step in. I decided to annoy him and I smirked. I may look like a nice woman, but I can also be annoying. "So, Jerk McQueen, do you like our city?"

Luigi gasped while Guido looked in disbelief, while Lightning rolled his eyes, I quickly winked at the Italians to know them it was a game. They looked relieved. I continued to annoy him. "So?"

"It's alright, I guess. But the road looks bad."

I raised my eyebrow up. "And who's responsible for that?"

He only sighed and bingo. He's annoyed. I won the game. I smirked at him and left to find Doc. When I looked over my shoulder, I saw that Luigi and Guido left Lightning alone with not much happiness in them. Whelp, they thought that he was a racecar. Yes, he is, but he didn't know any Ferraris. Whoopsie, Lightning.

I found Doc at his clinic, checking the documents of Lightning McQueen. I smiled when I found him. He looked handsome while being concentrated. I gently knocked and entered deeper. "Hey, love. How's it going?"

Doc was happy to see me, even though we've been together for a few months now. He plans to propose soon to me but I didn't know that part yet. He kept a good secret about it. "Hey, Y/N. I'm doing quite alright. I am checking the kid's documents and his next race is in California."

I became concerned. Lightning did say something about a race in California but he's responsible for the road, right? I showed Doc my concerns and he quickly told me he will not release lightning until the road was fixed. I was happy to hear that but my hopes are going to him to win the Piston Cup. I gently kissed Doc on the lips and he responded the same. We smiled happily but then we broke apart fast because Mater burst in. "He's done!"

We both looked stunned. "Done?" Mater nodded. But then I quickly realized it's been only an hour and I went to check. Boy, the road looks bad! Just check it out! I covered my mouth in shock and saw that the others spoke to Lightning. I quickly went to him and the others.

Lightning looked relieved to be done, after all, Bessie was a huge machine. "Ah, I'm done. Look, I'm finished. Say thanks, and I'll be on my way. That's all you gotta say."

"It looks awful!"

Lightning smiled smugly. "Well, it matches the rest of the town."

This quote and comment pissed me off that I wanted to kick him in the face. And you know why? Because this upsets Red the firetruck. The poor guy cried and ran over some tires. As Red was gone, I looked pissed at him. "What's your problem?"

Lightning looked pissed off too, probably to get to Califonia soon. "Look, Doc said when I finish, I could go. That was the deal."

Just then, Doc arrived, not looking happy at all. Good that he arrived. "The deal was you fix the road, not make it worse. Now, scrape it off! Start over again."

Yikes. Again much work? Way to go Lightning. First, he called my boyfriend a 'grandpa' and said that he's a racecar and not a bulldozer. True, but he didn't know that he was arguing against THE Fabulous Hudson Hornet. And guess what? Lightning raced against Doc but Doc didn't drive at all. Lightning didn't know how to drift on dirt and possibly also tracks so he fell into a bunch of cactuses. Get rekt, Lightning.