Chapter 21: Talking With C/N

I couldn't stop thinking about when Doc came to see me last night. He was there. After a year after his death, he really did come to see me. But why not Lightning? He also seemed worse like me after his passing. I managed to fall asleep in peace after so long. I finally felt like Doc was watching over me. I was still tired, mainly because I cried again at night. Most people who have trouble sleeping cry in order to help, but that goes for victims of depression or other stuff.

Anyway, after the next day, Lightning woke me up, very excited that he's been chosen to go to the World Grand Prix and he wanted me to go with him with Mater, Fillmore, Sarge, Luigi, and Guido, while Flo, Ramone, Red, Sally, and Sheriff will stay to take care of the town. But wait, what about C/N? Oh, she's definitely coming with us. But she didn't know it yet. 

I dressed up in new clothes. Yes, after my arrival here with C/N, and since we both were the only humans, cars managed to find out more about clothing and so many clothes got delivered to us for FREE! I swear, I didn't order them, nor did C/N, but it was unexpected. We were definitely thankful that we got more clothes to dress in.

After I finished dressing, I left the garage and went to Luigi's tire store. The yellow car wasn't around with Guido so it meant that C/N must be there. I went to the back of the store where they created C/N's room and I knocked on the door. I heard a few things inside, must be C/N being awake. After that was done, C/N opened the door and smiled upon seeing me. "Hey, mom. Come on inside!" She then stood aside to let me in. 

I smiled back at her as I entered the room. It looked clean like I taught her how to keep things clean whenever she would get visitors or not. My little girl was growing up and becoming stronger than before. I took a seat on her bed and when she closed the door, she took a seat as well on the bed. "So, what brings you here, Mom?"

"I came here because Lightning woke me up this morning and he told me that he's been chosen to go to the World Grand Prix, the first being Tokyo, Japan."

C/N nodded. "Yeah, I totally heard it and saw the news last night. I'm so happy for him!"

I laid my hand on her shoulder. "But that's not why I came here. Lightning wants me to go so I will be going. But your godfathers will also go. And I've been thinking, do you want to go with me?"

C/N looked excited and nodded. She opened her mouth and before she could say a word, I quickly put up my hand to make her quiet first. "I'm not finished, darling." I took the ring out of my finger and gave it to her. "You talked a lot about racing so I decided to give my good luck ring to you. Think of it also that Doc is with us. I know that within a few years, you'll be racing. But training comes first."

C/N looked hilarious with her expression right now as if she couldn't believe she met a monarch. What they both didn't know was that they will meet a queen of the UK, or more like from England like in the past. C/N put the ring on and it fit her perfectly. She looked at it, feeling very happy and even lucky as she looked happy at me. I was smiling and I got hugged by the kid. "Thank you, Mom. I promise to cherish it forever."

I patted her back and when we both pulled away, I noticed that my kid had tears in her eyes, which made me worried about her. I was about to ask since I opened my mouth but she beat me to it. "I miss Dad so much. I wish he was here with us."

I sighed sadly. I missed Doc too. I wish he was also here with us much longer but sadly, in this dimension, cars have to die too to make space for newcomers. I don't mean it in a rude way. I learned that Stanley is the founder of Radiator Springs and married Lizzie, both very old cars. In fact, maybe the first cars ever to ride around here on Earth. But what happened to humans you may ask? There were theories about it, some of them dark. One of them said that cars served to help their human owners but after they became more intelligent and know what was going on, they killed every human here on Earth to make space for cars now. Each movie, book, comic, series, and game had like its own theories. 

I have questions how is this possible that I and C/N were the only humans around? But I decided to leave this behind and focus now on comforting my child. I stroked her hair. "I know, honey. I miss him too. But know that you're gonna see him again one day."

C/N looked still into my eyes with her teary ones. She nodded and sighed. I kissed her forehead and made her still look into my eyes. She looked confused now. 

"Let's go pack our stuff and dress in the color of Doc, shall we? To honor him?"

C/N smiled and nodded and we worked together as a team to pack our.