Chapter 17 🌙

Recap: My red eyes widen alongside Naruto.

Naruto points at our source of surprise "It's you! The guy from yesterday!" He yells. I facepalms and lean on my cart of gifts, This team is a big mess already.

••••••

"Naruto do you know him?" Sakura asks as she looks over to the blonde teen. "Yeah, He's the guy who attacked Haru and I earlier when we were with Shikamaru and the others!" He accuses. I nod and leave the cart of gifts behind as I walk next to Naruto. "Yeah, he uses this weird paint jutsu to fight. I've never seen that technique before in my life." I say, adding onto Naruto's line.

Naruto quickly takes out a kunai and holds it up in a fighting position, the mysterious boy leans back and holds onto the handle of his katana. "Stop it Naruto." Tenzo sensei says coming out of the shadows. "Sensei you're really going to e our team leader!" I smile as I look at Tenzo.

He nods, but stays stoic. "Huh? Sensei? Who are you mister?" Naruto asks looking back and forth between Tenzo and I.

I sigh and gesture towards the brown haired man "He was my sensei back when we were gennin. I mean so was Kakashi sensei but you know. He's going to be our replacement captain until Kakashi sensei get's back from the hospital." I explain, all eyes going to me. Tenzo sensei nods "Haru is right, call me Yamato." He adds.

I look at him weirdly "Huh?" Yamato? Where did that come from?

He then turns to me "Just go with it Haru." I pause and shrug. Im most likely going to slip up and call him Tenzo sensei anyway.

He then walks forwards and more into the light "You're comrades on the same team so you guys need to get along." He blandly says.

Naruto lowers his kunai wearily "Comrades? This guy?" He asks pointing to the ravenette. The mysterious teen suddenly smiles "Sorry about before. Since we're going to be teammates from now on, I just wanted to find out how strong you are." He explains.

I face palm at this. Couldn't he just approach us, explain that he would be our teammate, and for a spar? I feel like that would've been a better route. "You didn't have to go through the trouble of doing that." Naruto says, putting his kunai back to where it was before.

"Now because of that moment, I now know that you're a worthless guy with questionable 'equipment.'" The pale boy calmly and blandly says. I stare at him for a moment before his words sink in. I cough out a laugh as Naruto begins raging and flailing around, Sakura holding him back.

He just said it so stoically! It even took me a moment to register what he said! This guy's hilarious!

I bring Naruto into my arms and reach up to pat his head "There there, you could go punch tree's later with his picture on it." I say as smile sheepishly at an annoyed Sakura.

Tenzo- I mean Yamato deadpans at us. "At any rate the five of us will be starting our mission now. I don't have time to put the four of you in a cage so you could get used to each other. Uh just go introduce yourselves." Sensei wearily commands.

Naruto leaves my hug and sassily looks at the pale guy. "Uzumaki Naruto." He mutters. " I'm Haruno Sakura." She mumbles. I roll my eyes at the other two's behavior. "My name's Haru Senju."

As a big contrast from our straight faces, the new teammate is smiling weirdly "My name's Sai."

I deadpan at this and walk back to my gift cart, randomly snatching a chocolate bar and biting into it. "Well, okay that's enough getting to know each other for now. I will now explain our mission as team Kakashi." Yamato sensei starts.