45

This is a pretty giggly chapter if I do say so myself.

(3rd P.O.V.)

It's later in the night and the banshee, alpha, and Parrish had left the Hale loft. Liam lays in his bed, the same one from his old house, just in a new room, tossing and turning as he struggles to sleep. It's well past midnight and Isaac, Lyrica, and Derek are all fast asleep in their respective beds. With a sigh, Liam turns to lay on his back and stare up at the ceiling. He thinks over how Lyrica told him to wake her or Derek if he needed anything, and he's about to get up and leave his room when he hears rustling at the foot of his bed.

Liam sits up with a frown, looking at the end of his bed for what caused the sound, only to find his printer spewing out papers. Confused and slightly annoyed, he tosses the covers off himself, feet touching the chilly hardwood floors, as he paces over to the device. It continues to eject paper, and he picks up one of the sheets from the floor. It's the first third of the deadpool, but with solid black lines crossed through the names of those who had died. He picks up another paper as it comes from the printer, and finds the second third, with the same alterations.

Liam drops the papers and stands back up, repeatedly hitting the "cancel" button on the white device. It does nothing as the papers continue to eject. Annoyed, the beta crouches down and rips the plug from the outlet, and the papers finally stop coming.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-The Next Day-

Liam sits alone on the stairs in the school, angrily tugging at the strings on his lacrosse stick. Scott walks down and sits on the steps beside him, scaring the beta.

"Hey." Scott softly says, placing a hand on Liam's shoulder. "You okay? I mean, you're missing Lyrica's class right now."

Liam doesn't say anything. He just turns his head in Scott's direction before sighing and going back to his stick.

"Hey." Scott tries again. Liam lays the stick across his lap, looking at his alpha with a sigh.

"Last night my printer went off by itself. I couldn't turn it off. I hit the cancel button. But it just kept printing." Liam explains.

"Printing what?" The alpha frowns.

Liam pulls a folded up paper from his pocket, passing it to Scott.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!" A yell is heard from down the hall, and Scott and Liam's heads dart in the direction of the sound. Scott folds the paper back up and the teens rush over to Coach's office, where papers are rapidly spewing from his printer.

Scott picks up one of the papers and he and Liam step around the corner to look at it.

"See the difference?" Liam asks, arms crossed.

"Derek's not on the list anymore." Scott frowns.

"And I'm not worth 3 million. It's 18 now. 18 million dollars."

"Oh my god." Scott mutters, eyes scanning over the page. "Wait. What about-"

"Lyrica? Her price went up to 30 million. And there's a new name on the list. At the bottom."

"H. Hale? Why H? Who even is H?"

Liam rolls up his sleeve, showing the mark to the junior. "The initials. H.H.. I'm guessing it's for the baby."

"But they said it was for every living member of the pack. The mark was always there. Lyrica wasn't always pregnant." Scott frowns, trying to make sense of everything.