22

So, uh, last chapter of season 4. One season to go until this book ends. It'll probably be up sooner than we realize, seeing as how the IG lives work.

(3rd P.O.V.)

The sunlight pours into the windows through the open curtains as Mr. and Mrs. Yukimura put away the chips for the game. 5 black and 5 white remain, the white all surrounding the black. They take the chips and put them back into their boxes, placing the lids on top and placing them on top of the board.

Scott McCall sits alone at the dining table in his home, arms crossed and staring blankly down at the wood. His mother, Melissa, walks up behind him and places a hand on his shoulder. She sits in the open seat next to him before wrapping him in a hug. He clutches her arm, finally letting the tears fall.

Chris Argent and Isaac Hale are walking out of the Argent apartment. Chris holds tight to the box that contains the fly of the nogitsune. They both stop at the front door and turn to look back at the door at the end of the hall. Allison's room. The door remains cracked open and the lights inside remain turned on. They turn back and exit the apartment, closing the door firmly behind them.

------------------------------------------------------------

"I wish I could say something to him." Kira says. "I wish I could say something to all of them. But I don't know how much space or how much time I'm supposed to give them. And I know I'm still just the new girl at school."

Lydia closes her locker, turning to look at the dark haired girl. Her eyes drift past her, where Coach is walking down the stairs with Malia Tate.

"You ever run track? I mean, you have excellent muscle definition." He tells the werecoyote.

"Not for long." Lydia mutters.

"I sometimes ran from cougars trying to eat me." Malia tells Coach.

"I've had the same problem." Coach nods. "So listen, we're going to start off slow. You know, a few classes here and there." They pass Lydia and Kira, and Malia smiles at the redhead. Lydia smiles back. "Don't worry, you'll learn fast."

"I intend to." Malia replies.

----------------------------------------------------------

Scott and Stiles are in Scott's room with Malia, trying to teach her control. Scott flicks his claws out, and Malia copies the action, only her claws don't appear.

"It's okay. Don't think about it too much." Scott tells the girl. "Just try to let it happen."

She tries again and it works. The three teens gasp, freaking out in happiness.

------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry." Ethan tells Danny, both boys sitting on the stairs in the school. "I just don't think I can stay."

"Actually, it's okay." Danny replies.

"You're breaking up with me?" Ethan asks with a small playful smile.

"I...I like you." Danny chuckles. "A lot. You're incredibly good looking. And smart. And sweet. And...I... I just don't think I can do it."

"Date me?"

"Date a werewolf." Danny says and Ethan's eyes widen.

"You knew?" He whispers, leaning in closer.

"Dude, it's Beacon Hills."

Ethan cups Danny's face, leaning in for one final kiss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------