49 (FINAL CHAPTER)

Epilogue is coming soon. It's been one hell of a ride, Guys. Enjoy.

-Time Skip-

"I still don't like relying on these things." Derek sighs as we, along with Braeden, count out ammo and prepare the weapons.

"I get it. You miss your power. I would too." Braeden shrugs.

"It's not about power. It's about being able to help. Being able to protect my family. I don't like feeling helpless."

"I'm human." Braeden raises a brow, loading a clip into her pistol. "Do I look helpless? Your wife was once human. Escaped the jaws of death and raised a brother all on her own. Did she look helpless?"

"You're a much better shot than me." Derek raises his eyebrows at her. "And Lyrica has always been capable. She's a badass."

I chuckle at his words, setting my shotgun down. Derek looks down at the table, his smile falling.

"Do you really think you won't be coming back?" I ask, although it kills me to say it.

"Not alive." He mutters.

"Derek." I walk around the table so I'm standing right next to him. "You know I'm not okay with that."

He doesn't say anything, giving me a sad look before cupping my cheek and kissing me. After we part, our foreheads are pressed together still and both of Derek's hands are cupping my face.

"I am." He sighs and my heart breaks. "If it saves Scott and Kira. You and the boys will find a way to manage without me. And you'll have them plus Melissa and Stiles and Noah when the little one comes along."

"Der." I mutter, but he decides to change the topic.

"Besides, I honestly don't even know if this is enough firepower to take down one berserker."

"Not even close." Peter tuts, coming down the stairs.

"What the hell were you doing up there?" I frown. "At no point should you ever be up there."

"Relax, Lyrica." He rolls his eyes. "Killing a berserker is next to impossible. It's not just the firepower, it's breaking the animal spirit from the human."

"Well the one person we know with that kind of experience is Argent." I give the older male a tight-lipped smile. "And he's not getting back to us."

"Well, then you're going to need help. Like Malia, maybe Liam. Definitely me."

"We should've killed you again when we had the chance." I groan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How'd you get a prison transport van?" Stiles asks as Braeden and I exit said van, walking to Stiles, Liam, and Malia.

"I'm a U.S. Marshall." Braeden scoffs.

"Yeah, I just thought that was just a cover."

Derek, Isaac, and Peter pull up in Derek's SUV, exiting the vehicle.

"Are we really bringing him?" Derek asks, looking more at me as he refers to Liam in worry. Stiles, however, takes offense.

"Are we really bringing him?" The teen points to Peter.

"Stiles, don't be a twat." I sigh. "Derek didn't mean it like that and you know it. It's a full moon. Things are going to be far from easy for Liam."

"We're bringing everyone that we can." Peter sasses. "And considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going."