Cahpter 10- Mother

P.S. THIS ONE HAS LIKE A LOT OF POV CHANGE SO LOOK OUT!

Tyler’s POV-

 Troye and I leave our after school practice with Mr. Bark for the duet and head to the Testing area. They pull Troye into one of the rooms immediately. They get through 4 or 5 more crossbreeds until they call me in, the last one to be tested. Troye is just then leaving his room as I am going in. He sticks two thumbs up in my direction and I smile back. They close the door and tell me to stand in the center of the room. Across from me is a panel of 3 or 4 guardians

“Name?”

“Tyler Oakley,” I say confidently.

“Specialty?”

“Light element.”

“Oh good, our final testee. Show us your best skills.”

 I go through a few simple things to warm up then do my best move, fireworks. I finish and gather up the remaining light orbs and compress them into a single orb that I set free into microscopic specks.

“Very good. You are dismissed. Thankyou for your time.”

I bow and leave the room. Troye is waiting outside for me and I run up to him., We start down the hallway back to our dorm. Somebody calls after us though.

“Troye Sivan, we would like another word with you”

Troye spins around and I hear his breath catch. Some woman is standing next to a guardian in chains. Troye starts walking towards the women, leaving a wave of heat after him. He walks up to them and starts whispering to the guardian. The guardian whispers a few things back and Troye walks to his mother.

I start walking closer and now I can pick up on what is being said.

“YOU WHAT? DO YOU EVEN THINK BEFORE YOU DO?” Troye is screaming and tears are running down her face.

“Listen here, you little shit. This is all your fault. I would have never had this problem if it wasn’t for you making me,” she hisses and Troye backs away.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’ll visit you in jail, mother. I don’t want to speak to her anymore, take her away, please,” Troye says and takes off running down the hall. I start to follow him but the guardian woman grabs my arm.

“I don’t think he wants to see anybody right now, kid, leave him be,” She says and starts steering the woman in chains away.

Mother?

Troye’s POV-

I start running down the hall, readying my wings. I take off as soon as I step outside. I fly high above the clouds, tears stinging my cheeks as the wind rushes past me. Why did they have to bring her here? It’s not like I wouldn’t have found out eventually. Now they are going to be suspicious. I let myself fall out of the sky, soaring towards the ground. Why bring her here? They could have called. I spread my wings out with just enough time to catch the wind and pick me back up into the sky. It’s like they wanted me to see how bad she had gotten. I fly dangerously higher, less and less air reaching my lungs. It’s not like it’s my fucking responsibility to take care of her. I already raised myself. I finally could be free now I have to deal with that. I know I am close to crossing over so I let myself fall back down, shooting down like a bullet. I start my way back to the academy. I just need one, to help me forget. I make my way back to my dorm and step inside. Tyler is laying on his bed, headphones in. I try to be quiet, hopefully he won’t even notice me. I grab my altoids case and take one of the pills out. I am about to dry swallow it when it is knocked out of my hand. I look over and see Tyler with tear streaks down his cheeks.

He's Not Like Them- Troyler AUOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara