Chapter 48

Misha's POV:

Fortunately for me, Ibraheem's parents had gone to Quetta to meet some relatives and would return a day or two later. I really wasn't ready to face them especially after that extremely awkward meeting at my house and how my family had chased them out. I am sure they were still mad at me for it. Saqib Khan Narejo wasn't the forgiving type at all. At least that is what I had heard.

My back was killing me from the exhaustion and period cramps. All I wanted to do right now was sleep it off. Today had been so long and tiring. But more than sleeping, I had to talk to Ibraheem. I had to get back to Lahore. As soon as possible. To my family. I was sure they were worried sick. I had to explain this situation to them. I didn't want to get disowned. I couldn't just forget everything and move here. Ibraheem needed to understand that.

Not to mention, Ibraheem still had to explain that stunt he pulled with Saba. Somehow, the bitterness returned ten folds stronger this time. I remembered how he had lied to Saba's face about me being his cousin. Silent rage took over my emotions as I stared at Ibraheem coldly. I had wanted to rationalize with him. Talk sweetly and coerce him to agree to send me back, but the complete opposite came out of my mouth.

"Cousin huh? Bravo." I sneered at him. Ibraheem looked taken aback before he sighed tiredly.

"Come on babe. How long are you planning to drag it out?" Really? He had the audacity to ask that? Why were men like this?

"I would stop if you would just tell me why the hell you did it in the first place. Or did you forget I existed in the heat of the moment when you reunited with your precious Saba babe?"

"No. Calm down love. You are overthinking things again. There is a reason I did it." He averted his eyes. Yeah, that sounds really believable.

"Oh yeah? Surprise me." I put my hand on my hip in a defensive stance. This was not the way, Misha. You are suppose to be sweet. You sound bitter as hell right now. My inner voice warned me because we both knew a fight was coming. But this fact had to be cleared out. I needed to know where I stood in his life.

"I am just trying to protect you, jaan. In Karachi, I have more enemies than friends. For the world, Ibraheem Khan Narejo has no weaknesses. If they find out you are my weakness, they will use you to hurt me. I need to get rid of my enemies first to protect you. They can't find out that you are my wife. Not yet at least." Ibraheem explained as he casted me a glance. I kept my face neutral through his entire explanation.

"Fair enough. If that is the problem, just send me back." I replied briskly. I was tempted to tell him that I wanted to stay by his side and help him with his problems but the circumstances didn't really call for it. In my family's eyes, I was quite literally kidnapped so I was pretty sure they were panicking by now. I had to go back.

"I can't do that either." It was my turn to sigh now. Why was he so stubborn?

"And why is that?" I countered. I don't know if it was the exhaustion or my irregular mood swings or the fact that I was starving but I really didn't have the energy to tolerate any bullshit that he threw at me right now. The kiss had made me forget for a time being but my head had cleared now.

"I need to keep you close to me to protect you." I let out a humorless laugh.

"Oh please Ibraheem. I will be perfectly fine in my own home back in Lahore."

"No."

"Why are you being like this? Is it because you don't trust me anymore? Is that it?" I felt like I was hurting myself with my own words and overthinking more than anything that Ibraheem was saying.