Chapter 65

Mehandi

Misha's POV:

With dance practices going at full pace, running back and forth to the designer and jeweler to get my outfits fitted, booking appointments at different parlors for my makeup, taking extra credits in the university so I could graduate earlier and just the general preparation for the wedding, just like that, 7 months went by and the day for our wedding finally came.

Father had reserved a private farmhouse so that the Mehandi could go on uninterrupted and past midnight. The lights around the farmhouse were so beautifully designed. The floral setup was wonderful. The wedding looked so magnificent. Saleem Bhai had asked his event planner friend to handle the decorations and make it magical. And honestly, magical he had made it.

I was sitting in the bridal waiting area when I heard the sound of the dhols. He was here. Ibraheem was here. I placed my hand on my chest to calm down my heartbeat. Excitement coursed through my veins. I wanted to see what he looked like and I wanted to show him what I looked like but there was still time to my entrance so I waited patiently. I wanted Rubab and Zoya to tell me how I looked because I was getting anxious but they said they were on their way.

I could hear the men hooting, the sound of dhols, the music, the laugh and I was grateful. Slowly the voice died down and I realized that Ibraheem must have settled on the stage now. My parents entered my room along with the maulvi. I stifled my laugh as I remembered why he was here.

The funny part of the entire scenario was that both our parents wanted us to do another nikkah. Not because they doubted it but because they wanted to do all the rasams and traditions including distributing bidh and all. I had no complaints. Neither did Ibraheem. I could marry Ibraheem again and again if I could. And so begin the nikkah ceremony again.

My parents and brothers stood witness as I said the words 'Kabool hai' thrice to the maulvi. The feeling was surreal as Ibraheem and I were declared husband and wife to the world. I could feel my heart thumping in my chest. Somewhere on the stage Ibraheem had said the same words and I could feel the connection we had made for the second time. I still had a hard time believing it was all real but it indeed it was. Allah really made miracles for all of us. My miracle was marrying him. Marrying Ibraheem Narejo with the consent of our parents.

It really was happening.

The moment the nikkah was over, my brothers and father left to take care of the event while Ammi stayed by my side.

"Are you alright?"

"I honestly don't know. I need Rubab and Zo-" I didn't manage to finish the sentence as Rubab and Zoya burst into the room and we turned to look at them. The two of them looked simply beautiful and stunning. Zoya looked phenomenal in the orange outfit she wore while Rubab looked more elegant than ever in her lehanga choli. They grinned as they rushed to my side, their eyes widening as they looked me once over. I felt anxiety prick my soul but Zoya didn't let my anxious take over.

"YOU LOOK SO GORGEOUS! OH MY GOD! LOOK AT YOU! IBRAHEEM IS GOING TO DIE AT YOUR HUSAN!" I giggled at her outburst as mother shook her head helplessly at Zoya's statement before laughing. She patted their heads before walking away to see to the rest of the preparations.

"You look beautiful, Misha." Rubab said politely and I smiled and heaved a sigh of relief until I noticed that Zoya wasn't wearing the Swarovski crystal burka she had told me about.

"You both look phenomenal too." I turned to Zoya to question but she stopped me right there.

"Don't worry. I have a plan. I think." She grinned and I gulped at her smile. Her plans were always disastrous but I nodded as I decided to go with it. "So how are you feeling?"