Chapter 61

Ibraheem's POV:

I was holding an oversized bouquet of red roses wrapped in black paper in one hand while eyeing my watch. I was right on time. Saturday at 5 p.m. The sun was starting to set and the sky was turning a beautiful orange. What a perfect way to start our date.

I felt my heart beat speed up. I wasn't a man to get nervous and I wasn't nervous. It was thrill. The thrill of picking her up from her place with her family knowing it. There was no fear anymore. I could take her wherever I wanted and it wouldn't scare her anymore because they knew. Her family knew. I pressed on the doorbell and waited. Subconsciously, I tapped my foot as I felt the gate open and there she stood. Like the angel of death. I breathed in harshly, the air stinging my throat as I felt my blood rush through my veins. She looked stunning.

Misha was wearing blood red clothes from head to toe with a black dupatta around her neck. I felt my eyes trail slowly from the top of her head to her eyes that were sparkling with innocence and playfulness. Her perfect nose and her lips that were tinted cherry and looked so kissable. Her cheeks were a soft pink while her golden brown hair flowed openly till her waist. My eyes had paused at her jawline, her neck, I wanted to leave my marks everywhere on that clear untouched skin of hers. She was such a temptress.

She wore a slightly fitted shirt and my eyes focused on the outlines of her body for a few seconds before they returned to her face. I wanted to stare longer but it was impossible when mother in law was standing right beside her.

"Asalam o Alaikum auntie, Misha." I greeted as I handed her the flowers which she took excitedly. The way her eyes shimmered warmed my heart. Such a beautiful soul she was. The flowers almost covered her immediately since they were thrice the size of a normal bouquet. "Bohat khubsurat lag rahi ho, meri jaan. (You look really beautiful, my life.)"

"Thank you. You look handsome yourself." Misha said in a shy whisper and I felt the corners of my mouth turn up. Once I handed her the flowers, auntie turned to me.

"Walaikum Asalam beeta, kya haal hen ab? (Asalam o Alaikum son, how are you now?)" Auntie greeted back and as I looked at her face properly I could see the resemblance between Misha and her mother. The innocent charm and the peaceful expressions were definitely her mother's genes though auntie's eyes were brown so that must be from uncle.

"Alhamdulilah theek. Ap kaisi hen? (Alhamdulilah, fine. How are you?)" As she told me she was fine as well, I moved to the car and took out the gifts from the backseat. Ammi said not to go empty handed and it was common manners to take gifts to my sasuraal (in-laws). I carefully placed the gift bags infront of her and then straightened up again. "Auntie, yeh ammi abbu ne bhejen hen ap sab ke liye. (Auntie, mother and father sent these for all of you.)"

"Inki kya zarorat thi? Mehwish bhi na. (Oh dear, what was the need to do this? Oh Mehwish.)" Auntie laughed heartily before fixing her expressions and replying. It was refreshing to see her calling mother's name in such a friendly manner. They must have really hit it off. "Oh this reminds me, there are gifts I want you to take back to Mehwish and Saqib bhai too." She instructed the house keeper to bring the gifts outside and just as I had handed shopping bags, the house keeper placed new shopping bags in the trunk of my car before disappearing again.

As I thanked Auntie, she ushered Misha towards me. "Make sure to be home before nine. I knew you both are legally married but she still has a curfew. Also, do have dinner with us." Auntie told me with a smile and nodded before placing my hand on Misha's waist and looking down at her lovingly.

"Of course, auntie, we will be back before then." After that, we said our goodbyes to auntie and I walked Misha to the car. I opened her door and once she was seated, I closed it behind her and rounded the car to sit in the driving seat.