Chapter 56

Misha's POV:

The tears of joy just won't stop as I lunged myself on top of Ibraheem. I enveloped him in a tight embrace as I took in his scent and felt his warmth. I felt alive again. He was really back. My stomach was doing backflips from the happiness.

"You are back. You are back. You are really back!" I kept repeating as I hugged him tighter. He groaned in response.

"Jaan, it hurts but yes I am back." He patted my head while his other hand that had an I.V attached to it, moved to my waist. I let go immediately as I continued to stare at him in silent happiness. It was still hard to believe that he had come back to me. "How long have I been out, anyway?"

"It is the 38th day." Ibraheem's eyes widened while I flinched at Farrukh's statement. I had completely forgotten that he was sitting here as well. He had told me had wanted to 'talk' to Ibraheem ever since he found out he was admitted here. I don't know when Ibraheem was getting up but Farrukh would visit once a week to check up on us. It just so happened to be one of those days.

When I frowned at Farrukh's tone and message, he had promised me that it would be a harmless discussion so I decided to trust his shady self. I was relieved to find out that the bullet Ibraheem had shot only grazed Farrukh and he was able to recover quickly. Things would have been so much more complicated if the wound had been fatal.

I slowly peeked in Farrukh's direction as he sat casually on the sofa. I really couldn't tell what was going on his head. He had an unreadable expression on his face as he continued to focus on Ibraheem, barely sparing me a glance.

"Ah, fucke-Fakhir, you are still alive?" Ibraheem had wanted to get up but I guess the pain didn't let him. He groaned as he laid back down.

"It's Farrukh. Unfortunately for you, yeah. I can see you are alive too." Farrukh slowly got up while keeping his eyes trained on Ibraheem. The air felt so hostile. "I wanted to return the favour," he took out a pistol from nowhere and pressed the barrel of the gun in Ibraheem's chest before giving Ibraheem a satanically sweet smile, "but you already look pretty miserable so I decided not to. Plus," Farrukh glanced at me with a gentle look in his eyes.

"Plus?" Ibraheem raised his eyebrow as he stared between the two of us. He didn't look fazed at all by the gun. I had wanted to say something but the air was so heavy in the room, it felt so overpowering that I couldn't utter a word. It felt like two powerhouses were clashing with each other. As if a tiger was about to bite the neck of a jaguar or something.

"Plus, Kishmish loves you so I can't really do anything. I still can't believe she married you. Had I known she would marry this young, I would have tried something of my own a long time ago." Farrukh recoiled the gun, tucking it into the waistband of his pants before pinching the bridge of his nose. I gaped at him. Was he throwing salt on his wounds on purpose? Ibraheem was going to snap any minute now.

I looked at Ibraheem and oddly enough, he gave Farrukh a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.

"As if I would have let you. She was mine from the start." Ibraheem's mouth twitched for a second. He gave Farrukh a cold stare. "All mine." Ibraheem stated proudly as he dared Farrukh with his eyes to retaliate which he did.

"It sucks but that is the truth, you piece of shit. Take good care of her. She is the only cousin I genuinely care about." Farrukh returned the smile. I could tell that their eyes were saying a hundred more things than what was actually being said but I decided not to think too much on it.

"Oh I will. With my life." Ibraheem retorted and for a second, for a brief second, I felt like the two of them had a genuine smile on their face,  as if they had acknowledged each other, but the familiar expression disappeared as quickly as it came.