20

Colby's POV

When I opened the door to see Violet standing there I felt my heart beat out of my chest. "V-Violet?" I asked and dropped my bag so I could run to her. I held her in my arms tightly as I tried to wrap my head around the fact that she was here.

"Surprise." She said quietly as I rocked her back and forth. "Holy shit, what are you doing here?!" I exclaimed, feeling my heart leap out of my chest. I pulled away from her and just looked into her eyes, taking her in.

She smiled at me and started to talk but was interrupted by Lucy clearing her throat behind me.

Shit.

"Who's this?" Lucy asked with an annoyed smile. "Oh! Lucy...this is Violet." I said then gestured to Violet who was just staring at Lucy.

"I thought Violet lived in Ohio." Lucy said with a condescending tone as she stared at Violet. I opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted. "Violet did. Until she came back to LA." Violet said back as she smiled blankly at Lucy.

I grinned at her sas then shook my head, realizing she didn't mention anything about this just being a visit.

"Wait...are you living here again?" I asked with excitement. "I wanted to surprise you." She said softly and looked back over at me.

I looked into her eyes, feeling my heart beating against my chest. I wanted to kiss her and just hold her, so I started leaning in only be brought out of the moment by Lucy clearing her throat.

When she did that I could see the sadness creep into Violet's eyes. She thought I was cheating on her again.

"Well...this is sufficiently awkward so I'm just gonna go." Violet said then started for the door. "Vi-" I started as she shook her head. "It's cool. I'm gonna go." She said then smiled at me but her eyes looked sad.

I watched as she left the room then looked over at Lucy. "So did you invite me over just to show off your friend to me?" She asked angrily as I shook my head.

"I didn't know she was here but...I did ask you to come over so I could talk to you." I said and sat on the couch, patting my hand next to me so she would sit.

She smiled then sat next to me. "I'm listening." She said and took my hand. I took a deep breath then pulled my hand back. "Violet isn't just a friend..she's the love of my life." I said as her gaze hardened.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Lucy asked as I combed my fingers through my hair. "I'm in love with Violet." I said as her jaw clenched. "So you've been leading me on because??" She asked as I shook my head.

"I didn't mean to lead you on, Lucy. My heart was broken when I met you and I might have jumped too fast at the affection." I admitted as she rolled her eyes.

"So this Violet girl breaks your heart, then comes back out of nowhere and you suddenly love her again?! What the FUCK Colby? I actually care about you and she clearly doesn't!" Lucy yelled as I nodded.

I understood her anger so I just listened as she went off on me.

"What's so special about her?! What can she possibly give you that I can't. Come on Colby..give me a chance." She said then put her hand on my leg. "I'm sorry...we can still be friends but whatever we had..it has to be over." I said as her jaw clenched and she stood up.

"You're an asshole." Lucy said then smacked me as hard as she could then stormed out of the room. I nodded and rubbed my cheek. "I deserved that." I mumbled to myself as Sam came in.

"Bro, what happened with Lucy? She just about pushed me down the stairs." He said as I breathed a laugh. "I just broke things off with her, I love Violet." I said as he nodded. "Yeah, I know that. She didn't take it well did she?" He asked as I shook my head and texted Violet.

"Nope. Especially since Violet was in here when I got home." I said as his face scrunched with confusion. "Violet's here?" He asked as I nodded. "She came back." I said with a smile, feeling my heart warm up at the thought that she was going to be around for a while.

"I gotta talk to her." I breathed out as he nodded. "Before you do that, we have to go over a couple of things with Fanjoy. Our launch is tomorrow." Sam said as I nodded. "Yeah, knowing Violet she's probably not even here anymore." I said and stood up.

We ended up working for the next couple hours, working out the details for our merch drop. Before I knew it the sun had set and the front door was opening.

Violet walked into the living room and smiled at me slightly. "Hey, can we talk?" I asked quietly as she nodded. I let her lead the way to her bedroom then followed behind her.

When we got to her room we both sat on the bed. "I know it looked bad..seeing me with Lucy..but it wasn't what it looked like." I said as she laughed slightly.

"You don't have to explain anything. We aren't together, you can do what you want." She said as I frowned slightly. "What do you mean we aren't together?" I asked as she shrugged.

"We aren't dating so I can't necessarily be mad if you would rather be with Lucy." She said as I shook my head. "Violet...I told Lucy I needed to talk to her as soon as I got back because I needed to tell her that there was never going to be anything between us." I said as she turned and looked at me.

"I didn't want her thinking that she had a chance when you were back in my life." I said quietly. "Oh." She said and looked down at her hands.

"I really care about you, V. You know this. You know that I love you. I'm not gonna let anything come between us again." I said as she looked up at me with watery eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked and cupped her cheek as a tear fell from her eye. "I just...I don't want to get hurt again. I know I sound like a broken record but I'm scared." She said quietly as I rubbed her cheek with my thumb.

"Moving back here was spontaneous, because I was once again blinded by the love that I have for you." Violet said as I frowned. "Do you regret it?" I asked as she shook her head.

"No. I don't. I'm glad that I came back and I knew it was time, but immediately seeing you with another girl just reminded me that love can be so painful." She said and laid her hand over mine.

"It is, but it's so worth it, V. Whatever we have is the most addictive drug and I know it's scary but we can't throw this away." I said as she nodded.

"I can't lose you again." I said then leaned in and kissed her. She gasped slightly and let me pull her into my lap as I deepened the kiss.

I let my tongue dance along hers as she pulled my hair slightly. We made out for a while before she pulled away.

"Please don't hurt me." Violet begged as she looked into my eyes. "I won't." I said then kissed her forehead.

She crawled off of my lap and got up so she could get changed. I watched her carefully, just admiring her. I couldn't believe that she was really here right now and not in Ohio.

I watched her until she turned to me. "What?" She breathed out with a laugh. "You're beautiful." I said as she laughed. "Yeah, I know." She said then winked and turned away from me.

"Hey, V?" I asked, catching her attention again. "What's up?" She asked and turned to me. "Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked and leaned back, watching her.

She stared at me with narrowed eyes for just a second, causing my heart to beat against my rib cage.

"No." She said then turned around. "Are you serious?" I asked with a laugh. "Of course I'm not serious. I just like watching you sweat." She said then walked over and sat in my lap.

"So you'll be my girlfriend?" I asked as she grinned. "Just don't break my heart, okay?" She asked as I nodded. "Only if you don't break mine." I said and brushed her hair from her face before cupping her cheek and kissing her.

As we kissed I felt my heart swell, knowing that this is where I was meant to be.

I was meant to be with Violet.

SoulmatesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara