71

"What are you doing here?" I asked Daisy as she stared at me. "We need to talk." She said as I shook my head.

"You need to leave." I said as I heard my bedroom door open. "V, I'm gonna get the hot tub heated up!" Ki called out as I nodded and kept my eyes on Daisy.

"Okay, I'll be right out." I called out as Daisy sighed. "Please just talk to me." She said as my phone started buzzing my hand. "Why aren't you in Ohio?" I asked as she laughed. "I came back because I need to talk to you." She said as I shook my head.

"You need to leave." I repeated and took a step back from her. It was weird seeing her again, to be honest. Her hair was longer than before and her roots were grown out.

Daisy was always so into keeping herself completely presentable so seeing her like this was strange.

"Please, Violet...I know what I did was wrong....but-" she started but was interrupted by Jake. "Hey, who's at the door?" He asked as my eyes widened.

"No one!" I called out and looked at Daisy. "You need to leave now." I hissed as she sighed. "Meet up with me later so we can talk, or call me I don't care..I wanna make this right." She said as Jake started walking over.

"I'll think about it, but you have to go. Now." I said and closed the door slightly so Jake wouldn't see who I was talking to. "Fine." She said then took a step back as I closed the door.

I let out a deep breath and closed my eyes as Jake came over. "Everything okay?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah, just some dude talking to me about religion." I lied then stepped away from the door.

I knew it was a bad idea to hide that Daisy had come here but I didn't want anyone to worry.

I was going to be okay.

"You should have let me talk to him, I think I would make him cry." Jake said as I nodded. "Maybe next time, buddy." I said and patted his shoulder before going to my room so I could get my bathing suit on.

I grabbed my plain black bikini then looked in the mirror. I let my eyes move through my features, only to notice how worried I looked. I couldn't tell if I was worried because Daisy was here, or if it was because I knew I had to tell Colby about it.

I didn't want to bring it up because I knew it would worry him. Maybe I could hold off until I decided on whether I would see her again. I looked into my worried eyes for another minute before letting gaze trail down to the white scar that was on my chest.

"Get a grip, Violet." I said to myself then turned to put my bathing suit on. As I did this I heard my phone buzzing on the bed again. When I flipped it over I could see that it was Beatrice calling.

"Hello?" I answered and grabbed my towel as I walked out of the room. "Thank god you're okay." She said as I breathed a laugh. "Yeah, I'm okay." I said and went to the kitchen to grab some white claws.

"Daisy went missing...I woke up and she was just gone." Beatrice said with worry in her tone. "I know, she came here to try and talk to me." I said and grabbed the drinks from the fridge.

"I'm gonna kill her! I told her to not do that!" Beatrice hissed as I made my way outside. "Do you think she's changed?" I asked quietly.

"I do, but I also don't want to risk anything. I'm gonna fly out to get her. It's gonna be a couple days though because of work." She said with a sigh. "Understandable. I have to go, but I'll let you know if she turns up again." I said as I walked over to the hot tub. "Okay, sweetie..just be careful." She said as I nodded. "Will do, I'll talk to you later." I said then hung up.

"I thought you died." Ki said as I laughed and handed her the grapefruit white claw. "No, I'm alive. I just got a phone call." I said then got in the hot tub.