(1) P A S T

Previously called 'Older Brothers'.. If you have already read that, then continue on second alternate version available at the end of first part in this book.

Acacia nervously paced in her room. Her heart could be heard pounding loudly from miles away. A frightened feeling had taken over her mind and she felt her senses being lost by coming next seconds.

The sound of doorbell caught her attention as sweat trickled its way down her neck.

It was the time!

She gasped as a sudden realisation hit her, knocking the breath out of her.

Her heels clicked loudly on the floor as she forced her legs to run downstairs. She was out of breath when she finally made it at the end of stairs.

Her teary eyes darted around the dark, empty hallways. Terror was clearly written all over her face.

Her heart skipped a bit as her shaky hands finally wrapped around the cold handle of door and she hesitantly pulled it open.

Relief flooded in her veins when she was pulled closer in the embrace of familiar warmth.

"Oh David." She weeped silently.

"Everyone is sleeping, right?" His voice was filled with urgency.

"Y-yes." She replied with a shaky breath.

"T-the pills worked great." She concluded with a heavy sigh.

David nodded and grabbed her trembling hand in his.

"Everything is gonna be alright." He comforted her and glanced around their empty surroundings.

"I didn't p-packed anything. I-I finally h-have you w-with me D-david. I-I don't d-desire for anything e-else." Her voice sounded like some broken radio.

"I love you Acacia!" He confessed again. Acacia smiled and shared the same words before again looking at the back, at her old life.

"I hope you rot in hell Alexander and your sons too." David wasn't a little shocked at Acacia's words. He knew that Alexander deserved this hate and wrath of their anger.

He kept quiet and led her out of the front door.

Alexander stared at them, his whole drunk appearance screamed evil. A cruel smirk made its way on the corner of his lips.

"Enjoy Acacia! Some of your last days of freedom!" He chuckled, his eyes turning to look at his oldest son who stood by his side. His fists clenched in anger and the veins on his arms and neck looked ready to pop out.

"Do you want to punish her, William?" Alexander asked, the hidden meaning of his words were to 'kill her'.

William didn't bothered to reply but started calmly walking towards his room. The slamming of door shut echoed loudly in empty hallways.

Alexander just only laughed cruelly.

Acacia's heart was now hollow. But a small regret stayed behind her dead feelings. She regretted her decision when her sons faces came in front of her eyes. She was a mother afterall. But her every regret and sadness washed away when her mind again concentrated on Alexander.

She remembered with crying heart how he mistreated her throughout her whole life. First, he snatched every person she had ever loved in her life and then forced her to marry him.

He was a monster, a cruel and selfish bastard.

She might be the first woman who after finding out about her pregnancy, wasn't happy. She loathed her own children. She felt more and more trapped in Alexander's cage. She wanted to breathe in the open air. She wanted her love back. She was tired, half dead in her old life.