Chapter 39

"What ar-are you doing here?" Eleanora stumbled on her words.

"What do you think?" He asked tonelessly and took a step forward. Nora felt like her heart dropped. She squeezed her hands in fists to stop them from shaking too much.

"Please stop right there!" She unconsciously yelled at him in panic. This man was strange and Nora was feeling a sense of extreme fear and dread in front of him.

All of a sudden, the door to the bathroom opened and Anastasia came outside. She looked confused to see Nora backed up against the wall with this strange scary man in front of her.

Gianni uninterestedly glanced at Anastasia and then he turned his attention at Nora back again.

"We will meet each other again soon, Eleanora!" Saying these words, he walked out of the door.

Anastasia and Nora both looked at each other.

"Who was he?"

"You could say that he's my cousin but--" Nora stopped talking as someone else knocked on the door.

She looked up to see an unfamiliar man standing in the doorway. His huge tattooed knuckle hit the door.

"Yes Zeus?" Anastasia asked quietly.

"Your brothers have requested your presence in the conference hall."

These words were directed at both of the girls.

Nora was confused. William had always kept her away from his business. It just didn't add up right that he was calling her now in his office.

Soon they found themselves following this man. Nora looked at Anastasia and leaned down slightly.

"Who is he?" She whispered faintly in Anastasia's ear. Although, Zeus's sharp ears caught it, he never said a word.

"My personal bodyguard." Anastasia confessed with a slight blush of embarrassment.

Nora sympathized with her.

"Elijah was my personal bodyguard too at one point but he's now busy handling some other affairs in foreign countries." Nora told her while heaving a small sigh.

Elijah was amazing and he had tried to save her life too without caring about his own. Nora held a special respect for that man in her heart. Now thinking about him, she realized that she actually missed his company a lot. He was like a brother to her.

Nora was indulged in her thoughts that she did not even realize that they reached the conference room.

Zeus opened the door for them and let them in through.

Nora looked at few unfamiliar men, the Romano family, Dominic, Luciano, Gianni, Alexander and her brothers sitting around a long table.

William was undoubtedly sitting at the head of the table.

At Lucifer's motion, she sat on the empty chair beside him and Hunter. She noticed that Zack was sitting on the chair beside Hunter. Hunter was leaning back comfortably on the chair and he had his arm around the back of Zack's chair whose cheeks were noticeably red. Nora smiled at the sight.

"Err is that her you mentioned about?" Nora's smile vanished and she looked in the direction of a man sitting at the far end of the table. Nora cringed as their eyes met and he licked his lips.

BANG!

Two startled yells were heard.

One from Nora and other from Anastasia.

Allesandro grabbed his daughter's hand to calm her silent panicking down as he watched the whole scene with an amused face.

Nora was too stunned to even move. She looked up at Hunter with wide fearful eyes.

"W-what was that for?" She mumbled but her voice overpowered by the man's scream as he held his bleeding shoulder.

"Watch where your eyes are going. Otherwise they will be my next aim."

There was a silence for the next moment before Lucifer, Angel, Hades, Anastasio and Stefano as in 'the goofy group' burst out laughing together.

Nora and Anastasia stared at them surprised. Nora somewhere understands that her brothers were the definition of being crazy as she noticed a hint of smirk on William's face but poor Anastasia was as clueless ever. She stared back and forth at the injured man who walked out of the door to her brothers and father while Nora glared in accusation at Hunter who looked quite unbothered.

He was relaxed back on his chair again and his arm around the back of Zack's chair who was currently staring at the tattooed man with dreamy eyes.

Too obvious...!

"Now I hope that everyone understood. We shall begin again." Vincent stated to get everyone's attention.

"What was your proposal, Gianni? Care to repeat it again." Vincent stressed on his words deliberately. To Nora, it felt like he was hinting to something.

"I stick to what I say-" Nora felt a chill went down her spine at the sound of Gianni's voice. To make everything worst, Gianni was staring dead right at her. She felt that Hunter and Lucifer were already tensed beside her.

Zack was gripping Hunter's free hand so he would not use gun to shot Gianni too. He knew the consequences the family would have to see if something happen to him. Gianni's sole business empire had formed a strong alliance with other leaders of various countries and partnership with various multimillionaire and international companies around the world. If something were to happen to him, his people will declare war and it would not be a nice choice because the three main families (Crimson, Gray and Romano) were already expecting one. Killing Gianni will everything make worst.

"-the benefits can never be overlooked if I marry Eleanora, the youngest member of the main family."

Nora's heart dropped...

Thanks for reading! Comment on your favorite part of these chapters....!
Get early access to the completed book on Patreon. Link is in the profile...!

Author Davina!