|| Harry Potter And The Goblet of Fire

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

The clock struck twelve, marking the anticipated moment as the room buzzed with excitement. The hall was a sea of students, all eagerly awaiting the selection of champions for the Triwizard Tournament—the night that would truly start the competition.

Y/N huddled with the others on the bleachers, her eyes fixed on the Goblet of Fire. Though she hadn't placed her name in, curiosity still lingered, with her bets secretly leaning towards a particular Hufflepuff.

"Take your seats, please!" Dumbledore's voice resounded in the Great Hall as he positioned himself in front of the Goblet. 

"Now is the moment you've all been waiting for—the Champion selection." Dumbledore's announcement hung in the air as he gestured, dimming the lights to set the scene.

"The time has come," Dumbledore declared, extending his arm and slowly advancing toward the Goblet. 

The blue flames within flickered with increased intensity, casting an ethereal glow. His hand trembled slightly under the weight of the potent magic emanating from the ancient artifact.

Y/N nervously bit her lip, her eyes fixed on the Goblet as the blue flames transformed into a vibrant red hue. With a graceful flutter, a piece of paper emerged, landing delicately on Dumbledore's awaiting palm.

The Headmaster unfolded the note, taking in its contents before breaking the very much tense silence with his announcement, "The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum!"

The Durmstrang bleachers erupted in cheers, men thumping Krum on the back. The boy wore an almost smug expression as he rose from his seat, confidently striding forward to shake Dumbledore's hand.

Dumbledore, with a throat-clearing pause, quieted the applause as he once again approached the Goblet. It glowed red, releasing another note into his grasp.

An intricately folded origami-shaped note caught Dumbledore's fingers, prompting him to declare, "The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour!" Cheers and applause ensued, celebrating the selection of the Beauxbatons champion.

With a radiant smile adorning her face, Fleur approached Dumbledore and extended her hand, receiving a warm handshake from the Headmaster. Y/N joined in the applause, offering Fleur an encouraging smile, which the blonde girl returned as she joined Viktor at the front of the podium.

As another note descended into Dumbledore's hand, Y/N held her breath, sharing a tense glance with Cedric, who appeared visibly anxious.

"The Hogwarts champion: Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore's announcement sent Y/N leaping out of her seat, applauding enthusiastically.

Cedric sprang to his feet, exchanging high-fives with several Hogwarts students before approaching Dumbledore to shake his hand. Then, without hesitation, he made his way over to Y/N, running like a madman.