|| The Crimson's Gone Mad!

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

   ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

"Liar!" Caspian exclaimed, bolting out of his seat as the accusatory eyes focused on him.

"Proof!" Fudge demanded.

"I saw him," Y/N said, steadying her breath. Once she got her balance, she stood on her feet, looked at Caspian head-on. "In my memories."

"You don't have proof," Caspian said with a scowl. "You're insane."

Havoc wrecked the courtroom into split opinions. Some believed Y/N. Most believed Caspian. But either way, Y/N's words were too absurd to let pass. They wanted answers, and they wanted it then and there.

Cries and hollers flew across the room. Fudge yelled at the top of his lungs, slamming his gavel repeatedly. "Order! Order in the court!"

"Mr. Crimson, an explanation please?"

Caspian put on his all-too-familiar corporate calm and collected personality. Y/N could see right through it. But it seemed like she was the only one. "She's trying to frame me because she's been caught, and she's desperate."

"He's a Death Eater," Y/N accused. "You all know he is!"

Caspian let out an offended gasp and his face turned red with fury. "Don't you dare call me a servant of that wicked man!"

"Voldemort wouldn't like you calling him that," Y/N said, a smirk slightly playing on her lips.

Gasps echoed through the room. Both with the accusations and the fact that Y/N had just said Voldemort's name. His name. The name. Caspian's cheeks flushed and a word was left hanging on his lips when Fudge banged his gavel repeatedly.

"Quiet!" Fudge declared.

"What did you see, Y/N?" Dumbledore broke his quiet. "From the top."

Y/N hesitated for a moment but sort out her thoughts and recited her memory—or Caspian's memory. She wasn't really sure which one was hers anymore. "Caspian . . . he was making a potion. A cursed potion. Then, he instructed a student—I don't know who, though, to slip it into Cedric's drink. I think. I didn't catch it all."

"She's making things up," Caspian interjected. "She's a liar!"

"Veritaserum," Dumbledore suggested. "To see if she's really lying.

"Oh, Albus," Fudge said, rolling his eyes. "You do know that we don't use Veritaserum in trials. They aren't accurate! She could've been trained to resist."

"Do tell me how a 15-year-old girl will be able to resist Veritaserum?" Dumbledore retorted.

Fudge said nothing. He clenched his jaw and let out a solemn nod. A green light for Dumbledore to reach for his pockets and take out a bottle of Veritaserum.