|| 49. Third task (UN-EDITED)

It was the day of the task, and Y/N's alarm clock blared loudly, jolting her from her sleep

It was the day of the task, and Y/N's alarm clock blared loudly, jolting her from her sleep. She let out a groan, feeling the exhaustion still weighing her down. As she reached for the table, she felt a pair of familiar hands wrap around her waist from behind. Hermione nuzzled into Y/N's shoulder, her voice muffled as she grumbled.

"Hermione..." Y/N mumbled, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips as she felt the warmth of Hermione's embrace. "Mm... stay," Hermione murmured, her voice filled with sleepiness and longing. Y/N couldn't help but melt at the sound, her heart swelling with love for the girl in her arms.

Y/N playfully rolled her eyes, gently turning around to face Hermione. "As much as I'd love to stay here with you all day, my love, I have to get ready for the third task," she replied, her voice filled with affectionate teasing. Hermione let out a small groggy groan, her reluctance evident.

Y/N pressed a soft kiss to Hermione's forehead, her touch tender and loving. "I promise, once the task is over, we'll have all the time in the world to be together," she reassured, her eyes locked with Hermione's, conveying her sincerity.

Hermione let out a sigh, reluctantly releasing her hold on Y/N. "Alright, but hurry back to me," she said, her voice tinged with longing. Y/N nodded, a playful glimmer in her eyes.

"I'll be back before you know it," Y/N promised, planting a lingering kiss on Hermione's lips before untangling herself from their embrace. With a final adoring glance, Y/N made her way off the bed as Hermione covered her eyes with her arms to block the sunlight.

As Y/N swung her legs over the edge of the bed, she planted her feet on the ground firmly, ready to face the day ahead. She reached for her phone, checking the time and the reminders for the upcoming task. With a determined look on her face, she knew she had to get going.

"I'll leave my jacket here, I'll come back for it after the match. See you later, I love you," Y/N said, her voice filled with warmth and affection, as she leaned over to Hermione. She placed a small, tender kiss on Hermione's cheek, feeling the softness of her skin against her lips.

Hermione smiled, her eyes sparkling with love as she gently cupped Y/N's cheeks, pulling her in for a lingering kiss. Their lips met, and in that moment, time seemed to stand still. Y/N's heart fluttered against her chest, feeling the depth of their connection with every gentle caress.

Reluctantly, Y/N pulled away, their lips parting with a soft sigh. "Bye," Y/N said, her voice filled with a mix of anticipation and longing. Hermione nodded, her eyes never leaving Y/N's form as she watched her walk towards the door.

As Y/N turned back for a final glance, their eyes met, and a silent understanding passed between them. The unspoken promises of love, support, and longing hung in the air, creating an invisible thread that bound them together.

~~~~~

Y/N sat in the cozy tent, surrounded by the familiar scent of anticipation and nerves. She meticulously prepared her clothes for the upcoming match, choosing comfort in a Ravenclaw t-shirt and cozy sweatpants. The tent was filled with a mix of excitement and tension, as the four champions readied themselves for the challenges that lay ahead.