A New Coping Skill

Brian

"You didn't have to beat him that bad, Katherine." Brian followed me into our house, closing the door.

"I did. I am tired of him and the grudge he holds against me, Brian. I have been here for him despite everything. You think I deserve this."

"A punch or two. Not fucking beat him to a pulp."

"It had to be done." I replied, taking off my jacket.

"No it didn't, Katherine. He's your brother!" Brian exclaimed.

"Yes he's my brother!" I whirled around to him. Tears are forming in my eyes. "My fucking Brother who throws my failures in my face as if I don't deal with enough shit! AND WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU DEFENDING HIM?!"

"You think I like seeing my fiance fighting her brother?" Brian asked.

"Well then don't fucking look." I hissed.

"Oh so what, now you're going to fight me too? Because we're in a disagreement?!"

"Oh fuck you! I have been putting up with Kaleb's jealousy for years now! I'm tired of it. Now shut up."

"You need to calm down. I hate it when you get to this level." He held up a hand.

"You need to piss off. It. Had. To. Be. Done." I growled. "And fuck you for defending him."

"I'm not defending him, Katherine. I'm saying you didn't have to do that. You could've walked away. Instead, you let him get you to this point." Brian replied.

"Fuck off, you son of a bitch! Fuck you!" I screeched.

I looked Brian in the eyes. Looking at him made me feel tingly as it always does. There was tension between us. He rushed over to me, kissing me fiercely. I kissed him back, throwing him on the couch. I climb on top of him, locking lips with him again.

"Fucking bitch." I hissed at him.

"You were wrong." He replied.

That sent my blood boiling but I continued kissing him. That night, I found a new way to release anger which didn't involve me lashing out.

Put it all in sex.